DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimbal issue; you all need to read!

Hit a tree and my mavic platinum fell about 10 ft. seemed like a very pedestrian fall as nothing was broken, not even a scratch on the blades. but the gimble cam is now overloaded and automatically turns backwards every time i turn it on. Visually it doesnt look like anything is torn or broken. what could cause this?

Hit a tree and my mavic platinum fell about 10 ft. seemed like a very pedestrian fall as nothing was broken, not even a scratch on the blades. but the gimble cam is now overloaded and automatically turns backwards every time i turn it on. Visually it doesnt look like anything is torn or broken. what could cause this?
My Mavic Pro had the gimbal give an overload error after 4 months of clean casual flying, no crashes or even a slight bump, hand caught most the time. I just took it out of the bag one day and it produced an error message about an overloaded gimbal. The gimbal moved around freely when turned off, just like new. I tried all of DJI's suggestions, but no joy. I had to send it to DJI. They sent me a new whole new MavicPro. This lead me to believe the gimbal on the mavic pro isn't very robust, because mine failed just sitting there in the backpack. The weird thing is DJI tried to charge me a refresh fee, because I had the policy. The drone was flawless, and they knew it, yet they tried to charge me, instead of covering it under warranty. They finally caved and shipped the new craft after I elevated it to management level. That's the only drone I wasn't in love with from DJI, mainly because the camera wasn't up to par. I think the lens was the problem, always seeing sun flares, 3x more often than my P3P or P4. All my other DJI drones have been great, P3P, P4, P4P, M2P, all great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown