DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic is hard to connect to controller then disconnects

mike2276

Reactions
It takes sometimes four times to get connected turning the controller and mavic on and off before it connects (getting the connected message on the ipad mini screen with video on screen) start to fly and may be few seconds to minutes and get disconnected again. Just got it last week and only hovered 3 times because of weather, never had an apple product before so I don't know if it's the ipad or if I'm just doing something wrong. I noticed with apple ipad or phone that some cable when buying say for charging not data, data not charging or both wandering if I'm using the right cable. Don't see anyone having this problem and hoping I'm doing something wrong. First thing I did was do all upgrades and compass and not a newbee though I feel like one with this. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-T580 using MavicPilots mobile app

Which iPad Mini are you using? Did you try using a different Lightning cable?

Using ipad mini 2 and only used the cable it came with for charging. First apple product so not realizing so many cables for it. Found out about the cables when looking for a 1 foot right angle cable.

The cable that came with your iPad Mini is okay to use if it's an OEM Apple cable. Even though, you might have a faulty cable. Try a different Lightning cable.

Reactions: mike2276
May have found the problem, leaning towards a possible cable problem and never using a fire wire before and it disconnected again I flipped over the fire wire and it connected and stayed connected and reconnected with all three batteries. Don't know why Apple would make a cable that fits both ways but only works one way. Thanks for the help.....

Reactions: Prop_Nut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum