DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic is rotating while hovering.

Rbeebe10

Reactions
I was just out flying, about 100 feet up hovering, I noticed that my mavic was slowly turning clockwise. I could stop it be placing my hand on the joystick. So I recalibrated my RC but was still having the same problem. Any ideas?

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
I was just out flying, about 100 feet up hovering, I noticed that my mavic was slowly turning clockwise. I could stop it be placing my hand on the joystick. So I recalibrated my RC but was still having the same problem. Any ideas?

Yes as mentioned there are a couple of things you need to check:

• Calibrate the compass far away from any metallic, rock or electronic devices
  • Calibrate your controller (while disconnected to your craft)
  • Calibrate your proximity sensors with a computer with the DJI Assitant

Last edited:
Yes as mentioned there are 2 things you need to check:

• Calibrate the compass far away from any metallic, rock or electronic devices
  • Calibrate your controller (while disconnected to your craft)
  • Calibrate your proximity sensors with a computer with the DJI Assitant
I am no mathematician, but isn't that 3 things instead of 2? ;)

Was testing the new 800 on mine, focused on a brick building and noticed it was rotating very very slowly, maybe 1 degree per second.

Anyway a compass recall fixed it perfectly

My craft does the same thing. It rotates slowly to the right while hovering and will do the same in forward flight.

My craft does the same thing. It rotates slowly to the right while hovering and will do the same in forward flight.

My 2nd Mavic did that too (the replacement I bought to hold me over during the 5 week repair, which I eventually returned to DJI).

Are you actually seeing the aircraft rotate with eyes on it, or are you seeing a slow drift on the camera? That would be the first thing to answer while troubleshooting as if your gimbal has a slow drift it can seem as if the AC is rotating if your only using the video feed as a reference.

I wish people would post what they did to fix it in things like this. Because I’m having the same problem searching through threats like you should instead of starting a bunch of new ones and the op didn’t post back. I’m starting my own....

Change props and cal everything as though you’re just bought it - and report back please

Change props and cal everything as though you’re just bought it - and report back please

Calibrated IMU, compass, and controller. Seems a lot better. I do notice it still has a slight camera movement even when I’m on the ground. So maybe I’ll calibrate the gimbal and call it done. I’m glad I asked and got it to run better thanks everyone!

Disable the option "Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow" under Settings (...) -> Gimbal -> Advanced settings. This will stop the slow creeping rotation of the gimbal.

It's not your drone turning, it's just the gimbal.

I wish people would post what they did to fix it in things like this. Because I’m having the same problem searching through threats like you should instead of starting a bunch of new ones and the op didn’t post back. I’m starting my own....

My Spark did (does?) this sometimes. I tried re-calibrating the sticks but it had no effect. Then eventually the problem just went away on its own. :confused:

Disable the option "Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow" under Settings (...) -> Gimbal -> Advanced settings. This will stop the slow creeping rotation of the gimbal.

It's not your drone turning, it's just the gimbal.

Right. I knew the gimbal was turning. But before the drone was also turning. You could watch it visibly turn in the air. With almost no wind. Also you could see every time you went forward and looked at the map the trail would be hooked.

Right. I knew the gimbal was turning. But before the drone was also turning. You could watch it visibly turn in the air. With almost no wind. Also you could see every time you went forward and looked at the map the trail would be hooked.

Got it. As far as I know, if it actually rotates, then either the wind is way too strong, or the IMU calibration is way off. At least that's what I've seen so far.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31