DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic or P4P?

I am getting excelent image quality with my Mavic Pro. Also, have bought a filter pack from PolarPro that really helps. I truly do not see that big of a difference other than a smaller field of view. I am by no means an expert on photography but I have excelent photos and videos from the Mavic Pro and the P4 Pro. This is a fairly new hobby for me since retirement so I know I have much to learn.

Dr E Cohen MD

Swaggy, I think you are over estimating yourself. If you really want all the quality as you ask in previous post, why are you here asking? You should know those things if you are a pro. If not... walk before you run. The Mavic is an excellent drone which can do marvelous things. I doubt you can do too.
I'm sorry for that

Adventure is just bad planning

I have both. They do different things. MUCH more portable Mavic, BUT the image Q is better with P

How come I have seen scattered results of range tests on YouTube? Like some say the mavic at long ranges is less glitchy and etc.?

If you really want to do commercial video/photo, then the camera is more important than any small difference in the performance. I have a MP and I'm considering the P4P at present. Probably sell the MP fly-more kit to some lucky bugger.

Reactions: TonyDrone
Trying to get my license. After that... I think I go for an Inspire. Good for filming, the MP for on the road

Adventure is just bad planning

Reactions: Swaggy Evan
If commercial image quality is your main criteria, get an Inspire 2 with X5S camera. Not cheap though.

Indeed, not only will a setup cost north of $10,000 for proper field work - then one would need a proper workflow station to handle the editing of all that 5K video ... a Mac Pro, Thunderbolt ported external drives, 5K monitor(s), etc...

Indeed, not only will a setup cost north of $10,000 for proper field work - then one would need a proper workflow station to handle the editing of all that 5K video ... a Mac Pro, Thunderbolt ported external drives, 5K monitor(s), etc...
...and Just exactly WHO is utilizing 4 k or 5 k as part of their 'deliverables' list these days?

This is obviously just a P4 not a P4P. But I agree. Once you get the Mavic into Post Editing you can bring that quality way up. It's just as good in some ways or the differences aren't really that noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

...and Just exactly WHO is utilizing 4 k or 5 k as part of their 'deliverables' list these days?

Some cinemas began converting to 4K several years ago and televisions have been available for many years. It's the next edge.

Downsampling is always an option.

Upsampling, not so much. Film makers who want to catch eye-popping detail will want to source 4 or 5k from the start.

Netflix began streaming some shows in 4K in 2014. YouTube in 2010.

Personally I have a 1080p plasma and BluRay is fine as far as I am concerned. I see no point in getting a 4K television unless it's by default when this one goes Tango Uniform. It's 10 years old and still looks great.

4/5K may be nascent and it may be slow to grow - but it is here.

This is obviously just a P4 not a P4P. But I agree. Once you get the Mavic into Post Editing you can bring that quality way up. It's just as good in some ways or the differences aren't really that noticeable.

I'm a bit old school in photography. I'd rather get it as right as possible in camera and not spend hours editing image quality when I should be editing presentation.

The Mavic's shortcoming's v the P4P in this regard are clear beginning with the simple physical fact about the sensor size.

Further, if you can improve the MP video in post, then the same applies to the P4P video in post if needed.

And while it's always true that the camera you have with you is better than the one in its box at home, the P4P is something that can live in the car with the batteries left in the house until it's time to go out.

There is a rumour in another thread that DJI have let slip that there is an upcoming improvement to the camera - hopefully via firmware. That may be enough to prevent me from selling the MP and buying the P4P. But if I get my price any time soon, the P4P it is!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard