DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 leak?

DroneJI

Reactions
I I’m not sure how reliable this information is but there seems to be buzz about the next Mavic and it having a 1” Phantom type camera bigger motors and props and possibly Infrared sensors for low/No light obstacle avoidance.
Anyone else see or hear anything about this leaked information?

Reactions: Panamawise
The thing about a IR sensor for low light avoidance would really benefit any drone! It would make flying in the tunnel I want to much less of a risk.

Reactions: jorgelrod
Your biggest risk is losing signal, not obstacles.

The tunnel has no other end it’s an unfinished rail road tunnel about 1/4 mile to the dead end. And it’s perfectly straight. I would be standing at the entrance so signal loss should not be a issue unless something in the rock walls absorb it? And it’s in a area we’re there’s no cell signals at all.

The thing about a IR sensor for low light avoidance would really benefit any drone! It would make flying in the tunnel I want to much less of a risk.
Probably.... for that one flight you want to make. DJI needs to sell hundreds of thousands of drones.

The tunnel has no other end it’s an unfinished rail road tunnel about 1/4 mile to the dead end. And it’s perfectly straight. I would be standing at the entrance so signal loss should not be a issue unless something in the rock walls absorb it? And it’s in a area we’re there’s no cell signals at all.

I'd be more concerned about losing GPS signal for positioning and flight stability

I’ve thought about all the issues I’m getting prop guards and taking a few other precautions to help achieve my goal

What are you using for lighting both forward and downwards ? As I guess you'll be flying visual

What are you using for lighting both forward and downwards ? As I guess you'll be flying visual

I’m waiting for it to come back from Repair it’s a 2000 Lumin LED torch for forward lighting I haven’t figured out the down lighting yet, I was also thinking of using a RC car or truck to follow below it with someone else driving that with strong lighting, it’s all in theory right now the last thing I want to do is crash my mavic in a rock walled tunnel with 3” of water on the floor,View attachment 32062this is a photo of the tunnel I have another thread started on this

I’m waiting for it to come back from Repair it’s a 2000 Lumin LED torch for forward lighting I haven’t figured out the down lighting yet, I was also thinking of using a RC car or truck to follow below it with someone else driving that with strong lighting, it’s all in theory right now the last thing I want to do is crash my mavic in a rock walled tunnel with 3” of water on the floor,View attachment 32062this is a photo of the tunnel I have another thread started on this

That’s weird the photo I just uploaded is locked? I can’t even see it? I’ll try again hereIMG_0298.JPG why did the first photo get locked???? When I click on it I get asked to log in and I do but I still can’t see it! Weird

Simply put! It's all speculation and has been for months.:cool:

Blade and Ed from DJI have leaked info too.... nothings coming this month...or next...

"It's the same old Barbie.."

"But She's got a new hat!"

Blade and Ed from DJI have leaked info too.... nothings coming this month...or next...

What could people at DJI do any other than deny or at least non confirming when and whats coming next from the company they work for?

What could people at DJI do any other than deny or at least non confirming when and whats coming next from the company they work for?

They have been stalwarts at RCG for more years than I can remember, if it ain't comin' yet, it ain't comin.....yet...

Nothing in this video we ain‘t alreadyknow

I have to laugh at some of these guys. All they are doing is taking info from a source and passing it along.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor