DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro auto take off height 15+ feet vs 4ft

cderoche

Reactions
Quick question, why does my (and possibly others) Mavic Pro sometimes go to over 15 feet in altitude during auto take off versus the 4 feet as indicated on the the DJI Go 4 app screen?

I always take off from where there are no obstacles above it, but if I were under a tall overhang or nearby a large tree this could cause a crash easily. (screen shot copied from another site, probably older version of DJI Go or Go 4 & not from my own tablet... just for reference)

Auto-Takeoff-DJI-Go-App-Drone-1024x576.jpg

OK I get it now, I thought it was supposed to be 4ft no matter what. That makes sense now. Normally I do precision landing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Reactions: Bunny Too
When I enable Precision Landing it takes me to 10M. Maybe it depends on the firmware though.

But, like was said above, if you're concerned about takeoff height then do a manual take off instead. You'd never want to select a RTH with precision landing if you're taking off with something hanging over you anyway.

Does the "Precision Landing" setting persist into third party apps? That is, start with DJI Go 4, enable Precision Landing, takeoff with DJI Go 4... close and switch to Litchi... eventually do RTH?

Hello! Will the RTH work with Precision Landind off from the start of the fly? Thank yoy

Will the RTH work with Precision Landind off from the start of the fly?
Yes. It just won't land as precisely. All will be well if you take off in a clear area.

Thank you for the clarification . A little of topic , but all these are linked together... How does RTH behave at landing if the Landing Protection will be off at the starting of flying ? Will the Landing Protection will be activated automatically during an RTH , even if it is off at rhe start ? Could it be canceled after RTH initiating if it activated automatically ?

To be clear, you've asked about Landing Protection, while the thread was discussing Landing Precision.

Landing Protection will be off if you've turned it off, and on if you turn it on. You can dynamically change the enabled state while flying -- you're not locked into the state at takeoff.

RTH does not activate Landing Protection if it is disabled in the settings.

I know the explainations in this thread should answer the question about auto takeoffs, but here’s my situation. A couple of times I powered up my MP2P and controller indoors just to show a friend how the drone activates without any intention of taking off. One time the drone was sitting on a table with a light fixture 3 feet above it!!!! Then I suddenly see “taking off” on the controller screen. I immediately rush to power off the battery on the drone making sure to avoid getting my fingers in the way of the propellers. Why is this happening when all I did was power up the drone and controller? Is there a specific setting in the DJIGo4 APP I should adjust? I’m still a newbie.

Then I suddenly see “taking off” on the controller screen. I immediately rush to power off the battery on the drone making sure to avoid getting my fingers in the way of the propellers.
Your drone should never auto take off on its own unless you manually initiate an auto takeoff via the icon on the left side of DJI GO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi