DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro -- flight range extender and

I think even some of the modded Phantoms can't reach the distance a stock mavic can, or that's what was claimed on someones youtube video at-least.
My Mavic is twice as good as my modded Phantom. But I don't do long range urban flying. Way too many competing WiFi frequency signals.

Reactions: Kestrel
I was gonna mod my Phantom but then I started hearing about the Mavic and its range, and so I bought the Mavic. The range definitely did not disappoint, I flew across a 3 mile lake the other day with no problem. Couldn't do that with the Phantom I own so im really impressed.

I was gonna mod my Phantom but then I started hearing about the Mavic and its range, and so I bought the Mavic. The range definitely did not disappoint, I flew across a 3 mile lake the other day with no problem. Couldn't do that with the Phantom I own so im really impressed.
Yeah. I fly over the ocean and have almost no signal loss at two miles. That's a LONG way out for FPV. I don't get too much of a thrill going distance for no purpose. Fear of battery dying takes the joy away. Also, the ocean weather is chaotic at best. Sudden wind change can make a ten minute trip out a 20 minute trip back. Gulp!!!

Yeah. I fly over the ocean and have almost no signal loss at two miles. That's a LONG way out for FPV. I don't get too much of a thrill going distance for no purpose. Fear of battery dying takes the joy away. Also, the ocean weather is chaotic at best. Sudden wind change can make a ten minute trip out a 20 minute trip back. Gulp!!!
Yeah, I just did it to see if it could do it, there's really nothing good that can be seen flying across open water and it takes awhile to get there, mainly did it just to see if I could.

What I'm looking for is to go out 1 or 2 miles and drop down to 20,30 feet with good signal, I do a lot of wildlife footage. Would they help that???

What I'm looking for is to go out 1 or 2 miles and drop down to 20,30 feet with good signal, I do a lot of wildlife footage. Would they help that???
If you have an unobstructed line of sight - yes. So like on the Serengeti. If you have trees or hills in the way, NOTHING short of a satellite relay will work at that distance if you go that low. Even if you can't see your Mavic, your controller needs to. Think of it that way. If you fly behind a building even at 500 feet away, you'll probably lose your signal.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Good way of looking at it ,trees is what I would deal with mainly. Have real been amazed that cridders don't seem to mind, deer, coyote, pheasant,just look and go about their business.

Good way of looking at it ,trees is what I would deal with mainly. Have real been amazed that cridders don't seem to mind, deer, coyote, pheasant,just look and go about their business.
Yeah. It is amazing how they don't have "drone" programmed into their flight response. On the other hand, a hawk or eagle may attack it. If you do go that low, just he prepared for a sudden loss of signal. Make SURE your RTH is well above any trees in the direct line of sight as it will come straight back to home. You should be able to gain control once back to elevation though.

Reactions: Rnl
I hope you long distance guys are keeping an eye on the State Farm insurance thread!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones