DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro has sound

yes it was just on the cached phone video and was after the firmware update. So seems now DJi listened but has said nothing about this new feature. do they even know lol. So the word can go out the Mavic now has in flight audio.
Actually it is not "in flight " audio, it is a recording of "ground station" audio.

Reactions: Kilrah
Yea I concur it's the cached video. I always pull the card to play back the video on the tv in 4K so I don't get sound there. I found out I talk a lot while flying when I played it back on my phone though lol.

yea, I noticed this as well after the update when going thru all of the settings.....

no wonder it asked for permission to access my microphone, now it can record all the f*cks i say.

aVgaFxzKX9E64.gif

As the audio file is the same length as the video it is child's play to take the audio stream from the cached file and drop it on the video from the Mavic if you really want the sync'd hi-res file. This would be cool if recording a group of people (done that) and they are making comments, or there is other localized sound you want in your video. There are possibilities.

I have not been able to get any sound on my iPad Mini 2 with IOS 10.2 OR my Galaxy S7 phone running Android 7.
The iPad does not show (under Privacy settings) that the DJI GO4 app has requested use of the microphone.
The Galaxy S7 has been given permission to use the microphone with the DJI GO4 app
When I open the General Setings page on the GO4 app, the option to record audio does not show up.
I am running the latest .500 FW on the Mavic
:confused:

I am running the latest .500 FW on the Mavic
:confused:

The audio recording is in Go app 4.0.5 that came out 8 days ago for iOS. Has nothing to do with the firmware on the Mavic.

Here's what it looks like on an iPad mini 2:

IMG_1041.JPG

strange, i remember getting two updates within a week of each other the second one gave me the sound.

You can hear the waves in these shots too

Hmmmm.... a bit weird... My app doesn't have the feature "Record audio with video cache". What version do you have...? Mine is the most updated "DJI Go 4 Ver 4.0.4".

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-13-19-51-02.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-13-19-51-02.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
Hmmmm.... a bit weird... My app doesn't have the feature "Record audio with video cache". What version do you have...? Mine is the most updated "DJI Go 4 Ver 4.0.4".

That screenshot looks like it could scroll up just a bit more, revealing the audio record switch. My newest Android device is a Nexus 7 from the dark ages so I can't be of more help.

Seems like the iOS and Android developers at DJI barely even know each other.

Nope!, I have 4.04 on both my android devices, nothing there either about sound setting!.
I reckon that an update from Android is on the way (we hope!)

According to a previous posting, the sound option is ONLY available on 4.0.5.
That version has NOT been released for Android as yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird