DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro has sound

the audio extraction is easy in Quicktime, then I just dragged the audio file from my desktop onto the open video file and it was inserted into the high res version of the video file.Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 10.00.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-03 at 10.06.17 AM.png

Hi All --

I'm not here to start a Mavic vs Karma flame war, but just wanted shed light from a different perspective.

Until recently (crash due to a runaway situation -- see video below), I've been flying a Karma. The other week, I pulled the trigger and pickup a Mavic while i'm waiting for GoPro to figure out what happened to the Karma.

Today was my first day flying the Mavic. When I got back home and did a playback of the recorded video, I was surprised that Mavic video didn't have audio. With the Karma, where the camera (Hero 5 for me) having a built in microphone, capturing the audio is trivial. To some degree, I've taken the audio for granted. When the audio track was not recorded (option setting), I thought it was kinda of weird, so I tend to make sure the audio recording is always on.

Granted, the audio is primary prop spin, I can pickup background audio if the Karma was in a stable hover and the motors were not straining. In one session, where I was filming some kids launching model rockets, I was able to pickup verbal countdown and the "whooosh" of the launch over the prop spin.

Being some what new to the sport, I've found that having the audio track available during playback as I can some feedback about how much input I put into the controls (e.g. higher prop spin). Interestingly, I found that volume of the prop spin is minimized when I have a tailwind.

Anyways... the one time I found having the audio most useful was during my runaway event -- I can clearly hear when the Karma went into crazy mode (where it breached the 20mph max speed limit built into the Karma flight controller/firmware) and hear the props spinning up past their normal whine. Funny thing, in the silence after the impact, you can hear seagulls cackling in the background.

Granted, most people may not want to prop spin as part of audio, but I find that it would be some much easier to zero out the audio in post edit, rather than trying to reconstruct an audio track into the video.

On my next Mavic outing, I'm going to play with the audio settings in the Go App. Thanks for the thread to pointing out this option.

My Galaxy Tab S8 captures audio of the pilot and local chatter out to about 50' and on RTH ..... if it was capturing prop noise of a 20 minute flight I would drive me crazy.

Hey gang, need help! Just bought DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter and need the ability to broadcast over a speaker system. I intended to purchase the FonicFly Flying Sound Speaker System from UrbanDrones.com.

FonicFly Flying Sound Speaker System for your Drone

Unfortunately, they’re out of stock, even through Third Party and Authorized Dealers. I’m having trouble locating an alternative.

I called DJI North America Tech Support for advice or recommendations. Sadly, they said that DJI is not currently offering a speaker system as an accessory, nor did she have an aftermarket one she could recommend.

In a tight spot...any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hey gang, need help! Just bought DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter and need the ability to broadcast over a speaker system. I intended to purchase the FonicFly Flying Sound Speaker System from UrbanDrones.com.

Unfortunately, they’re out of stock, even through Third Party and Authorized Dealers. I’m having trouble locating an alternative.

I called DJI North America Tech Support for advice or recommendations. Sadly, they said that DJI is not currently offering a speaker system as an accessory, nor did she have an aftermarket one she could recommend.

What is the source of the sound are you trying to broadcast over a loudspeaker?

any easy way of replacing the non-existent audio of the SD files with the cache audio ?
I am on PC but I fly it with an iPad mini.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet