DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro has sound

WOW, sound of the Mavic flying...how exciting!! What will they think of next? Sliced White Bread! What a breakthrough!

I am Android OS but researching since updating the App it seems Only iOS can get these latest features - audio ( which is an amazing concept ) plus I believe dual controllers & FPV Goggles are not available for Android - can't be sure what other features there are but "Come on DJI - Android users are WAITING"!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Android OS but researching since updating the App it seems Only iOS can get these latest features - audio ( which is an amazing concept ) plus I believe dual controllers & FPV Goggles are not available for Android - can't be sure what other features there are but "Come on DJI - Android users are WAITING"!!!!!!!!!!!
Android users have been reporting problems with the app dating back to previous phantom models. I'm convinced that this is intentional and that DJI and Apple are in bed together. Just purely speculation on my part but personally I would rather play it safe and use apple devices with DJI hardware/software. Very little to no reported issues with iOS.

Android users have been reporting problems with the app dating back to previous phantom models. I'm convinced that this is intentional and that DJI and Apple are in bed together. Just purely speculation on my part but personally I would rather play it safe and use apple devices with DJI hardware/software. Very little to no reported issues with iOS.
Yes indeed this is very true - I read that DJI & Apple are most definitely working together but surely DJI realize that not only iOS system users would like the same benefits of upgrades when they come out. I've been flying DJI products since the release of the P2V+ ( my 1st buy from them ) Not about to change over to iOS devices so I guess like millions of other folks using Android OS I will be disappointed - that SUX my friend

I think there's a lot of confusion on the audio being recorded. You will only be recording the sounds near you, the pilot, nowhere else. In other words, it would be useless to record the sounds of the city sirens blazing away and your neighbor yelling at you while your Mavic is flying over a peaceful little pond a mile away with cute little ducks quacking and frogs chirping. If the Mavic had a mic feature like the early Phantoms did, all you would hear is the swarm of killer bees from the props. Who wants to hear that racket?
The recording on the app is not HD either, so it's only useful for demo purpose to explain the flight as you watch it on the app. The actual HD version on your SD card will have no sound.
Hope this helps some to understand.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Mavic were silent and had a Microphone and could record the sounds on location where it is in real time?

Last edited:
Standing with controller near speakers at a live concert streaming live whilst flying ..........

Standing with controller near speakers at a live concert streaming live whilst flying ..........
But you still wouldn't have the sound on your SD card HD video. Just on your app. However, you could add and sync the sound to the HD video in your editing software.

I feel the cached video is a useless feature, only for instant playback or search-and-rescue-my-crashed-drone purpose. I asked someone else what was really going on yesterday because I couldn't see how it worked without having tested it, but that created drama apparently.

Just a note about a personal observation of mine. I think the size of the cached video exceeding the size available on my device contributed to an app crash I had while flying recently. DJI Go 4 has been rock solid for me on my iPhone 7Plus every time I've flown. Never even one hiccup. Two flights ago I changed my cache size to be larger so I could capture more video on my device to review in the field. What I didn't realize was that I changed that to a value greater than the size I had left on my iPhone. The next flight I had, even before takeoff, I had app stability problems. It would open to the splash screen, then never move on, and other times, after a restart of my phone, it would load the video feed initially, but none of the controls. I should have taken a screenshot, but I didn't. I started asking myself the tried and true first step in troubleshooting a new problem, "Ok, what's changed?". It dawned on me right away about the cache setting change I made. I went into the app, and my phone and compared the cache setting I'd made to my available space, and sure enough, it was off. So I cleared out a lot of space on my phone. Rebooted everything, started up the app, and all was well. I took off and flew for a while, but eventually (and over crashing waves) my app crashed. I was able to fly it home without any problem just using sight and the remote. As soon as I landed and was able to have a rational thought outside of the panic of the app crash mid-flight, it occurred to me that while I'd cleared out space on my phone, I neglected to go tame the cache settings. So in flight, I'd exceeded the amount of space I had left, and the app crashed. Just sharing that again here in the hopes that it might save someone else from this terrifying experience. I'd guess the addition of audio would fill that space up even faster, but I don't know for sure because I didn't enable the recording audio feature in the last update, and I actively found the setting and disabled it.

I'm going to assume you're kidding about Apple and DJI being in cahoots. What would DJI profit from that relationship? And if it ever came out, it would certainly be devastating for them financially. It doesn't make any sense that DJI and Apple would conspire against android at all to me. What would make perfect sense is that they're developing for Apple first from a development standpoint, with Android as a second priority. As a developer myself, this not only makes logical sense, it's what we do every day. You can't be everywhere at once. And if you try to be, everyone suffers because you stretch your resources beyond their capacity. So you have to focus on one platform or another. Now if you were to say that DJI gave Apple's iOS priority because Apple has agreed to sell the Mavic Pro in their storefronts, then sure, I definitely think that probably plays a role in the decision. This isn't really a surprising or even mildly shocking development though. It's just common business practice. Feed those who shake the money tree.

Never, they're way too clever to do that.
I hope they don't either.
They pour most of their profits back into research and development. This is why they continue to come out with amazing products regularly.
If they went public, most of those profits would be stripped away to pay dividends. The initial IPO funds would dry up real fast.

As the audio file is the same length as the video it is child's play to take the audio stream from the cached file and drop it on the video from the Mavic if you really want the sync'd hi-res file. This would be cool if recording a group of people (done that) and they are making comments, or there is other localized sound you want in your video. There are possibilities.
How do you download it? I haven't even looked yet, so it might be easybut suggestions appreciated.

But you still wouldn't have the sound on your SD card HD video. Just on your app. However, you could add and sync the sound to the HD video in your editing software.
"Streaming LIVE" On social media - great!!!

I ha
As the audio file is the same length as the video it is child's play to take the audio stream from the cached file and drop it on the video from the Mavic if you really want the sync'd hi-res file. This would be cool if recording a group of people (done that) and they are making comments, or there is other localized sound you want in your video. There are possibilities.
ve been wanting to copy the cached audio to the 4K video file but don't know how. Can it be done with QuickTime or does it require a purchased pgm. .? Tks

I am using an iPad mini 4. The file with the audio is captured on the iPad , I want to copy the audio track and paste it into the 4K version captured on the SD card.

Good question- I hope there is a very smart pilot who can answer this. [emoji1301][emoji1301]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini