DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Lost - Aircraft Disconnected Midflight

I would add, that the Remote Controller Signal Lost setting was set at Return to Home. In the event that the signal was lost, the Mavic should have come home. I also had line of sight, as it was at an altitude of 230 feet. These two factors bring me to the conclusion that this was a hardware failure and not pilot error.

That was a speedy search! Did you make sure to check all of the roofs, the ground around those homes, up in the trees, and in any of the other trees along that return to home path?

Since its a gated community I doubt they will let you just walk around. Most likely a guard has to accompany you and I doubt that he will let you stay more than an hour. His best bet is to put up some signs in the property offering a reward.

Rob

Since its a gated community I doubt they will let you just walk around.
Right. I just thought it was odd that the OP concluded it was in the pond after not seeing it on a short walk near the path it should have followed on the way back to the home point.

As an update, I heard back from DJI today and following their review of my video, and flight logs they have offered to replace my drone. I accepted. I would like to thank DJI for their support service. I will positively recommend DJI to others.

As an update, I heard back from DJI today and following their review of my video, and flight logs they have offered to replace my drone. I accepted. I would like to thank DJI for their support service. I will positively recommend DJI to others.

Hi. Can u give me a information: how long u wait for response from DJI?

Reactions: Lapeer20m
Hi Guys, I experienced something similar to this user with a random loss of connection... was flying my mavic pro today over water... flew for about 10 mins... still in clear line of sight... then suddenly disconnected with no warning, nothing... tried to hit return to home which it seemed to start to do, at this point I was about 2,000m away and had 11/12mins left of battery... it started to come home but the app app showed disconnected as did the controller, it made it about 325m then disappeared in the sea. I uploaded my flight record here if anyone who understands these things better than I has time to take a look: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com so far as I can tell, doesn't seem to show anything obvious... i'm nervous DJI will look at this and deem no hardware issues as there are no error messages, but clearly I didn't fly it into anything and you can see from the flight path no visibility issues... I've read DJI haven't responded well in some cases, but happy to read in this users case they did... i hope I get a similarly favourable response.

Have contacted DJI and lodged a ticket... they are going to investigate... i hope i get a positive response from them... I didnt do anything wrong... so sad :(

Per Weather Underground, the wind was blowing at about 17 MPH on the ground at the time of your flight. It was most likely stronger than that several feet up in the air. So, I'm thinking your Mavic was either not able to return home because the wind was too strong or the sun triggered the obstacle avoidance sensors and prevented it from moving forward or prevented it from making much forward progress.

If I triggered the sports mode during RTH. Would it be able to fight the wind better with obstacle avoidance off? Or RTH cannot be used in sportsmode?

I took a look at the flight and found nothing unusual.
When I looked at the flight path I did find one thing that I think caused the crash. You lost line of sight with the craft once you started to descend. I think your signal was getting lower and lower as you descended further downward, until you lost the signal. There is no data as to why the craft did not RTH but I suspect you might have either had too low of a return altitude set or you had the RTH set to hover in place. How high was the RTH set to and what was it set to do? If we know that we may be able to give you a better idea of where it crashed.

View attachment 13266

Rob

Sorry to take this off-topic but what sort of GIS magic did you use to map your flight path onto Google earth?! I reallly need to figure that out!

Sorry to take this off-topic but what sort of GIS magic did you use to map your flight path onto Google earth?!
If you upload your TXT flight logs here, you can download a KML file. That KML file can be viewed with Google Earth.

If I triggered the sports mode during RTH. Would it be able to fight the wind better with obstacle avoidance off?
If you turn Sport mode on or off after RTH has been initiated, RTH will be cancelled. The Mavic will fly back to the home point at the same speed even if Sport mode was enabled before it started returning home. You can get the Mavic to fly back a little bit faster if you move the right stick (the elevator) to the full up position while it's flying back to the home point.

If you upload your TXT flight logs here, you can download a KML file. That KML file can be viewed with Google Earth.
Hey Ok I got it and I plotted a few flight paths on G E, is there any way of superimposing some relevant photos taken during the flight over the not-so-up-to-date G E View? Or is that heavy gis territory ?

is there any way of superimposing some relevant photos taken during the flight over the not-so-up-to-date G E View?
Perhaps? I've never attempted such a thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d