DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Repair turn around time

mrprinkles

Reactions
Just so people can see the turn around time from the east coast of the US how long it takes to get a drone fixed. The repair took a few days to get accepted at first. Mind you i have DJI refresh...

Something frustrating is they choose the slowest shipping possible. I can ship to Vancouver with standard USPS faster than how they ship UPS (not a knock on ups) ground. This should have been a simple swap. I should also add i spoke with DJI support a few times and i was "escalated" whatever that means.

The issue i had from day 1 was warm/pink coloring in the middle, along with the blurry edge on the bottom right side of video/photo.DJI Case.jpg

I think people are lucky to have a one month turnaround time. Mine will prob take 5 - 6 weeks from the day I shipped it until the day I get it back.

2-24-2017 DJI Repair progress.jpg

Im in Atlanta, but somehow I think that even if I lived in Carson, Ca next door to DJI HQ, it would still take a few weeks for DJI to go through their painful administration process and actually get something fixed.

DJI's best excuses to date:

1. Oh sorry, we have run out of refresh drones
2. Oh sorry, Chinese New Year, please check back with us in 2 weeks
3. Oh sorry, we are too busy to answer your inquiry.
4. Oh sorry, due to the holiday rush, we have fallen behind in our workload.
5. Oh sorry, we cant find your case number. Please check back in a few days.
6. Oh sorry, we cant locate your drone in our warehouse. We will let you know when we find it.
7. Oh sorry, we cant find your Refresh contract number. Please provide receipt.
8. Oh sorry you did not buy this plan from DJI, you must get code from retailer.

At least they say they're sorry.

Last edited:
Im in Atlanta, but somehow I think that even if I lived in Carson, Ca next door to DJI HQ, it would still take a few weeks for DJI to go through their painful administration process and actually get something fixed.

DJI's best excuses to date:

1. Oh sorry, we have run out of refresh drones
2. Oh sorry, Chinese New Year, please check back with us in 2 weeks
3. Oh sorry, we are too busy to answer your inquiry.
4. Oh sorry, due to the holiday rush, we have fallen behind in our workload.
5. Oh sorry, we cant find your case number. Please check back in a few days.
6. Oh sorry, we cant locate your drone in our warehouse. We will let you know when we find it.

At least they say they're sorry.
Holy crap, Thats terrible.

skeleton.jpg

This is just a regular guy shipping a small item of similar size as my naked drone. If DJI has a contract with UPS i cant even imagine how much cheaper they are getting the price. USPS beats UPS? I dont know what world im living in anymore.

USPS WA Info Delete.jpg

Already have. They told me nothing but obvious answers.
Yes we have received it. Give us a few days to do get back. Just update your site and hire some people to keep up with demand! Such a good product, but horrible after the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have a camera calibration error that doesn't seem to be causing a problem. DJI says I should send the unit back. I have a trip to Grand Cayman in late April/May. I bought the unit in September, got "fake shipping in October (to keep Amazon from cancelling the order) and really received it in December. Still, I think the best I can say for proof of ownership is that I received the unit in October. Should I wait to ship it back till after the trip?

Reactions: mita
I have a camera calibration error that doesn't seem to be causing a problem. DJI says I should send the unit back. I have a trip to Grand Cayman in late April/May. I bought the unit in September, got "fake shipping in October (to keep Amazon from cancelling the order) and really received it in December. Still, I think the best I can say for proof of ownership is that I received the unit in October. Should I wait to ship it back till after the trip?

I just returned from the Grand Cayman last week and I'd suspect you're already well aware of it, but In case not, they have a pretty large no drone fly zone around the island and based on where I was staying along 7 mile beach (inside the zone) I opted to leave my mavic home.

https://www.caacayman.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/CAA_Drones_Flyer.pdf

Yup! I'm aware. Three NM from the airport. I'm staying just north of the no fly zone, on SMB. I won't be flying near the prison, either. Great information. Thanks for sharing. On a different note, did you do any scuba diving?

Reactions: btucker
Yup! I'm aware. Three NM from the airport. I'm staying just north of the no fly zone, on SMB. I won't be flying near the prison, either. Great information. Thanks for sharing. On a different note, did you do any scuba diving?

Yes, I used Cayman Eco Diver (Aaron and Brittney, great owners, great outfit, highly recommend) based over at the lobster pot dive shop. The Kittewake is a great dive, the reefs are nice too. There are over 350+ dive sites around the island. Stingray city was fun too, crowded, but fun none the less. It was my first time there, had a blast! Food is expensive, but what isn't these days?

Reactions: bayfieldpilot
I just returned from the Grand Cayman last week and I'd suspect you're already well aware of it, but In case not, they have a pretty large no drone fly zone around the island and based on where I was staying along 7 mile beach (inside the zone) I opted to leave my mavic home.

https://www.caacayman.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/CAA_Drones_Flyer.pdf

LOL They might as well just tell you that you cannot bring a drone into the country. In a unfamiliar location it is very very easy to break some of those rules without even realizing it. Do they provide a map of the prison locations and housing areas? Oh and I have heard numerous stories about Cayman's Judicial system.

Guilty until proven innocent.
If a Cayman citizen says you did it, you did it!
All Fines must be sufficiently high that you will need to sell your children.

LOL They might as well just tell you that you cannot bring a drone into the country. In a unfamiliar location it is very very easy to break some of those rules without even realizing it. Do they provide a map of the prison locations and housing areas? Oh and I have heard numerous stories about Cayman's Judicial system.

Guilty until proven innocent.
If a Cayman citizen says you did it, you did it!
All Fines must be sufficiently high that you will need to sell your children.

Did you look at the link provided? It specifically spells out the two areas not to fly. I have a feeling you have not been to Grand Cayman. When I was there about ten years ago, it was very laid back. I don't think it has changed much via my recent correspondence with the hotel and dive operator.

Yes, I used Cayman Eco Diver (Aaron and Brittney, great owners, great outfit, highly recommend) based over at the lobster pot dive shop. The Kittewake is a great dive, the reefs are nice too. There are over 350+ dive sites around the island. Stingray city was fun too, crowded, but fun none the less. It was my first time there, had a blast! Food is expensive, but what isn't these days?

I am set up with Indepth Watersports. Their responses to emails have been fantastic, and their boat looks great for diving. I wasn't a diver when I visited about ten years ago, but I did visit Stingray City. That place is so awesome. Part of itinerary is to visit again with my dive buddy. It won't be a much fun as it was with my wife, but I still think I will love seeing a dive buddy enjoying it for the first time.

Update: It has now been a month since I sent in a mavic for a non-refresh repair. I have been following it on their repair progress website, but today my repair case number showed that no such number existed. I chatted with DJI and apparently they are having a problem with their repair update website. I paid for the repair 2 weeks ago, they acknowledged my payment in todays chat, but said they were not sure when it would be completed because they are running behind. It is still on the bench being tested.

Timeline:

Feb 20 Requested repair online.
Feb 22 Got a shipping label; sent drone in to Carson, Ca
March 1 DJI received the drone
March 7 Repair estimate received; paid same day with Paypal
March 20 Drone still on the bech being tested.

Looks like my estimate of 5-6 weeks for repair is going to be accurate. Even if they get it done today, shipping it back to me will take a week or more. My advice to those of you who have a non-refresh repair, be prepared to wait a while for DJI to repair it. And this is the winter time! I cant imagine these turnaround times getting any better during the warmer months when people are actually flying and crashing their drones more.

The mavic has been out for almost 6 months and they are still having parts/supply problems. Or maybe labor problems? Who knows with them!

On the plus side, refreshes are only taking between 3-5 weeks to turnaround because they can just ship you a refurbed drone instead of repairing the one you sent in.

If you have a minor repair such as L bracket on the gimbal, or ribbon cable, and you have Refresh, it's crazy to have to wait a month for a new drone, but that's how DJI rolls.

Reactions: DutchTheBartender
DJI has had my unit for 6 weeks now following a crash. It was inspected and I paid for a refresh replacement 18 days ago. It says they're preparing to ship me a unit, but nothing. Every time I call or email for an update they say "they are looking into it, sorry for the delay". Not impressed, especially the the run around being given.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661