DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Stress Cracks

Wow.. I don't have the stress cracks but found a gimbal crack.
Those covers are just little pieces of plastic. If the screws are tightened too much during factory assembly or following a repair, they are very likely to crack. Mostly a cosmetic issue that will not impact operation.

How many of you guys with the "crack problem" (no pun intended) live in hot countries? I wonder if the heat would be causing the weak points to become soft and start to crack when cooled down again? To me this would be logical. Thoughts?

Not heat related in my case at all. I got my Mavic last November when temps were already hovering around freezing. Even over the summer, up here, about the warmest I've flown in is +25C (77F).

It seems most, if not all the Mavics with the problem were manufactured during the period when there were severe shortages of them, the first few months after it's introduction. Mine was manufactured in early November. (There's a website that can decode the serial number to show the manufacture date).

The replacement I received was manufactured Mar 24th this year.

Date Decoder:

DJI Serial Number Decoder

Those covers are just little pieces of plastic. If the screws are tightened too much during factory assembly or following a repair, they are very likely to crack. Mostly a cosmetic issue that will not impact operation.

I agree on the shell but not so sure about cracks on the gimbal brackets. If those break free, I think it could impact operation. In fact I wasn't going to do anything about the cracks on the cover on mine. It was when I found the crack on the gimbal bracket that I became concerned.

I've had my Mavic since January 2017. How many flight miles have you put on it and is most of the flying in heat? I've flown in hot weather and landed to feel that the craft was pretty warm from sun exposure. I imagine those stress cracks are from external heat and show design flaws or weaknesses in the mold.

Wow. Sounds like it's pretty common. Not cool. Unless it's been mentioned in old posts this is the first I've heard about it, but I've only been here about a month. Thanks for reporting it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet