DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max wind for Mini

thats not practical in a small drone,all you need to do is look around yourself at what the trees are doing ,you can use a hand held wind speed indicator but that will only give you wind speed at ground level,another way to check if its too windy is take off go up to 20ft and watch how the drone is coping with the wind
If you like to fly and film in wind, get a phantom.
Amen!

Reactions: old man mavic
With GPS, AC should be able to compare how fast it wants to go, vs how fast in GPS coordinates it's actually going. From that it should be able to estimate wind speed.

Problem is that wind speed is also associated with a specific wind direction (ie a “vector”). Simple subtraction of gps estimate from ideal velocity would only estimate the component of wind in the same direction. I imagine, if one lets go of the sticks so the drone tries to just stay in one gps location, then there would be continuous corrections of the 4 motors to correct for wind blowing off location. A clever algorithm could then use these correction and the time dependent gyro and accelerometer values to estimate both velocity AND direction of wind at that point in space?

Problem is that wind speed is also associated with a specific wind direction (ie a “vector”). Simple subtraction of gps estimate from ideal velocity would only estimate the component of wind in the same direction. I imagine, if one lets go of the sticks so the drone tries to just stay in one gps location, then there would be continuous corrections of the 4 motors to correct for wind blowing off location. A clever algorithm could then use these correction and the time dependent gyro and accelerometer values to estimate both velocity AND direction of wind at that point in space?
That's what I'm figuring, and fine tuned when one is moving.
Besides, part of the stabilization with GPS is GPS delta, even when letting go of sticks to be stationary.

i am new to dromes, but i fly rc palnes and heli. with the gyros for both planes and helis you can fly with 20 plus mph, i think with MM it is at best no more than 5mph, this type of flying is as i would think to be a bit more relaxing.........

i am new to dromes, but i fly rc palnes and heli. with the gyros for both planes and helis you can fly with 20 plus mph, i think with MM it is at best no more than 5mph, this type of flying is as i would think to be a bit more relaxing.........

5mph winds?
I’ve flown the MM in 18 mph winds, no more than that though.

I fly my mavic mini se in 25mph winds with wind gusts up to 30mph had no issues. I was a bit scared... but also only flew for about 10 mins and a max altitude of 250ft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661