DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 fly more bag, anyone use it, or bought a more compact one?

Drony_Drone

Reactions
The mini 2 fly more bag isn't as big as I thought, but a lot of space was used for the accessories and manual box, which once removed you won't carry.

So it seems a little waste of space now to have just the remote and mini 2, and spare batteries in. what do others do? use the included bag or get another more compact bag (any suggestions if so, ideally fife Amazon UK)

thanks

Reactions: rickmurray1989
I’m using a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 25i for a Mini 2:

I like it a lot! It’s sized to also hold a small folding landing pad, an iPad Mini 5/6, a lens brush, filters, etc. Perfect for my use, but there are a lot of personal choices in what works best.

I like it a lot! It’s sized to also hold a small folding landing pad, an iPad Mini 5/6, a lens brush, filters, etc. Perfect for my use, but there are a lot of personal choices in what works best.
Looks good, but I'm wanting smaller/more compact than the fly more bag. I won't use an iPad, and don't need a landing pad. I can understand people who take a lot, but I normally would take drone, controller, batteries only, and leave rest in car if needed.

The mini 2 fly more bag isn't as big as I thought, but a lot of space was used for the accessories and manual box, which once removed you won't carry.

So it seems a little waste of space now to have just the remote and mini 2, and spare batteries in. what do others do? use the included bag or get another more compact bag (any suggestions if so, ideally fife Amazon UK)

thanks
I normally keep all of my drones and accessories in hard cases made by VCUTECH (you can get them at Amazon). However, as a professional photographer, I often want to carry a drone with me along with my conventional camera gear, and that is when I resort to using the Air 2 and Mini 2 Fly More bags. They fit well inside of my rolling ThinkTank photographers case and provide good additional padding.

My name is Shaun, and I am a camera bag addict.

I use this most of the time if I'm not hiking in the Dales or the Peaks: Bellroy Venture Camera Sling 10L (photography bag) - Nightsky : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

But, it's bigger than the DJI case as I generally like to carry at least one camera and a couple of lenses, and an Insta360 camera.

They do a smaller version which isn't a specific camera bag (so no dividers) - but is a great size for just a drone. I usually use it as a city bag when I just take a camera and lenses. Bellroy Venture Sling 9L (large crossbody bag) - RangerGreen : Amazon.co.uk: Shoes & Bags

They do one smaller than that too, but I've never used one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bellroy-Co...Q==&sprefix=bellroy+sling,aps,141&sr=8-8&th=1 - now I'm looking at one I might buy one.

The Bellroy bags are absolutely brilliant, really well made and very practical. I'm glad they don't make more camera bags to be honest, as I'd probably buy them all.

Last edited:

thanks
For the price (free) and size (everything still fits perfectly), you won’t find anything better or smaller than the included bag, which fits discreetly under the front passenger car seat, and has a nice shoulder strap, and doesn't scream "drone bag!"

Reactions: at_shack
For the price (free) and size (everything still fits perfectly), you won’t find anything better or smaller than the included bag, which fits discreetly under the front passenger car seat, and has a nice shoulder strap, and doesn't scream "drone bag!"
You’re correct actually. It isn’t as big as I imagined, it’s more that there is wasted space though once documents are removed.

You don’t really need to take the charger and battery hub when going out for a flight.

You’re correct actually. It isn’t as big as I imagined, it’s more that there is wasted space though once documents are removed.

You don’t really need to take the charger and battery hub when going out for a flight.
I do leave the charger at home, but use the hub to store the extra batteries that are not inside the drone. It's also the only way to tell their level of charge without putting each of them in the drone. Any smaller bag would limit easy access to the components inside, or not fit as snugly as a shoulder bag, or not protect everything as well. It's the only DJI bag made that isn't too small for every day use! It even has a compartment for an iPad Mini that takes up no space. The top also folds inside out to allow easy access. Give it a try, before dismissing it for something worse.

Reactions: Drony_Drone
I do leave the charger at home, but use the hub to store the extra batteries that are not inside the drone. It's also the only way to tell their level of charge without putting each of them in the drone. Any smaller bag would limit easy access to the components inside, or not fit as snugly as a shoulder bag, or not protect everything as well. It's the only DJI bag made that isn't too small for every day use! It even has a compartment for an iPad Mini that takes up no space. The top also folds inside out to allow easy access. Give it a try, before dismissing it for something worse.
I actually have an old iPad mini that I don’t use, it’s iPad mini 4, not sure if too old. Does it make a difference using iPad mini to an iPhone that I’ve always used? Does the RC hold it without any mods?

So there’s a specific place for it, didn’t know that. Not sure why you mean to turn inside out but I’ll have another look.

I just use a Spark bag, fits drone, remote, couple of spare batteries, props and the relevant bits and pieces and has a pouch on the front for phone or sun shade. Is perfect for just a quick nip out for a flight. Also have a couple of individual hard cases for drone and remote which I use when I'm out hiking and tend to have more gear with you.
IMG_20220930_153722.jpg

thanks
Get the RLSOCO case. It stores the Mini 2 in the unfolded position so no folding/unfolding or messing with straps etc. RLSOCO Hard Case for DJI Mavic Mini - Fits Mavic Mini Accessories: Mavic Mini Body,Controller,8x Batteries, Charger,Propellers: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

While DJI stuffs the Mini 2 (and Mini 3- same bag) flymore bag with all the accessories, on a practical, functional basis, I would recommend only using it to carry the drone, controller, batteries, ND filters and a few strobes. Trying to pack chargers and other stuff you wouldn't use on a day journey in that bag doesn't make sense if you need to deploy quickly. The one thing I don't like about the Mini 2 bag is the way the bag unzips.

A better sized and configured bag is the one that came with the Mavic 2 Pro. It has a vertical orienation rather than a horizontal one. The Mini 2 bag may be more comfortable to carry, I find the Mavic 2 bag faster and easier. Even with the larger M2 back I don't try to carry everything on outings. Only the essentials. I use larger cases for travel, usually hard or semi-hard shell cases to transport the whole kit, then transfer the essentials to the bags for what I need for the few hours I'll be out flying.

thanks
I went the opposite route.

I got a hard case for my Mini-2 that let's me transport it without folding the arms.

:)

TCS

I got a hard case for my Mini-2 that let's me transport it without folding the arms
Which? any link?

will make the bag bigger obviously if unfolded. I think DJI are ok with it being folded though and even provide the holder now. I think there was an issue with the mini 1 and its bag, whereby people putting it in its bag were bending the props. This won't happen if use the holder on mini 2 and put in the bag though

Just to add to the discussion, I use the original bag that came with the mini 2. My drone is now the M3P and the RC pro remote. Everything fits perfectly...there is even room for an extra battery and a small case for accessories like cables and propellers, but not the charging hub. For clarity, I made a home made case for the drone, I would not like to stuff the drone into the bag unprotected....

Attachments

• 5DB7422F-952B-4721-8F04-ECB83907FD4C.jpeg
    5DB7422F-952B-4721-8F04-ECB83907FD4C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • D68EA068-DB6F-468C-8D39-5ADD9AF582E7.jpeg
    D68EA068-DB6F-468C-8D39-5ADD9AF582E7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 7F1D5C17-5DC9-4513-AA7B-E976305A842B.jpeg
    7F1D5C17-5DC9-4513-AA7B-E976305A842B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
Which? any link?

will make the bag bigger obviously if unfolded. I think DJI are ok with it being folded though and even provide the holder now. I think there was an issue with the mini 1 and its bag, whereby people putting it in its bag were bending the props. This won't happen if use the holder on mini 2 and put in the bag though
I got it over a year ago, so I'd have to dig up the link.

DJI is fine with it being folded. If anything, they probably prefer it, from a "product endurance" perspective. I just personally find the whole foldy thing annoying.

That's probably because I never have any intention of flying anywhere that would require me to schlep it, never mind require me to hike to the location! When I'm not flying from my back deck, I drive within a few dozen feet of where I'll be flying.

YMMV. I love all of my DJI drones. DJI makes the best drones in the galaxy. But there's also no competition from a quality/functionality/price standpoint. Holy Stone makes good drones too, without the foldy thing, but they aren't DJI drones. Not even close.

At the end of the day, it's a personal preference.

I actually have an old iPad mini that I don’t use, it’s iPad mini 4, not sure if too old. Does it make a difference using iPad mini to an iPhone that I’ve always used? Does the RC hold it without any mods?

So there’s a specific place for it, didn’t know that. Not sure why you mean to turn inside out but I’ll have another look.
You'll need a $10 adapter for the iPad Mini that fits over the top of the antenna bar, braced by the tubes and the phone supports. Search on Amazon for one. Mini 5 is probably recommended but Mini 4 might still work. I use a full sized iPad, but it won't fit in the bag, while the Mini iPad will.

When the small top above the zipper is turned inside out, it stays open and in place, instead of falling back down, making one handed access difficult.

iPad Mini will fit in the hidden zippered compartment on the back side of the bag.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99