DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More Drone Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gat this

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons​

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 763-712-3544.

I gat this

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 763-712-3544.
Just another article of a Drone interfering with first responders helicopter

• Sad
Reactions: THE CYBORG
How about the drone that crashed into the new football stadium in Las Vegas and allegedly caused $10,000 damage. :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: antonebear
"The owner and user of the drone was never determined, and even if the Police Department did track down the user, prosecution wouldn’t be likely because the user was likely within legal rights. However, Milligan did say it’s a good opportunity to inform others."

I feel like there is no way flying over a LE copter at a accident scene would be remotely legal in Florida where I am!!!

"The owner and user of the drone was never determined, and even if the Police Department did track down the user, prosecution wouldn’t be likely because the user was likely within legal rights. However, Milligan did say it’s a good opportunity to inform others."

I feel like there is no way flying over a LE copter at a accident scene would be remotely legal in Florida where I am!!!
This incident occurred in the U.S. so the drone operator was definitely not "within legal rights". The FAA regulations are applicable to and cover the entire United States of America. If the perpetrator is apprehended he/she will most likely be prosecuted.

Another example of an idiot not using common sense rules, sounds like that happened close to my town but I never heard it in the news

I gat this

Wyoming Fire Chief calls on public for ‘common sense’ at emergency scenes

Wyoming Fire Chief Jesse Milligan is sounding an alarm about drone usage at emergency sites after a drone hovered near a crash last week, forcing an ambulance helicopter to delay takeoff.

Milligan and his team were called to assist in the crash that occurred Monday, Nov. 30, when a 29-year-old man from Inver Grove Heights rolled his vehicle just north of the Highway 8 exit on Highway 61. Milligan’s team was charged with the task of finding and setting up a landing zone for a Life Link helicopter, which they did at the parking lot of Maranatha Church. Milligan said everything leading up to the departure of the helicopter had gone well, and the pilot was set to take off.

I live in Florida as well. I would never get near any type of helicopter. I avoid them like the plague. They are similar to drones, in that , they perform random maneuvers, their speed and altitude is unpredictable, and they move way faster than a drone. Getting out of a helicopters way is difficult, especially being unable to notice any predictable flight path or changes in altitude. Their high speed doesn't help.

Reactions: JackL
Hate to say or endorse it, but this is a good example or were remote ID would be a good thing.
There will always be those that change the software or hardware, in order to remove any nanny state changes to drones. For example, No Limit Drones is currently modding the actual DJI hardware. Specifically the main board of DJI Mavic 2 series drones. They sell these modded boards, but at a steep price. This board mod allows the DJI user to modify and or remove ALL restrictions regardless of any firmware updates. No Geofencing, No need to have internet connection, No ID, No speed or height limits, maximum transceiver output for exceptional signal reception, etc etc.

Stories like this only prove the stupid people have money. For every flight that has bad news attached, there are 100's of 1000' flights that go fine.

I live in Florida as well. I would never get near any type of helicopter. I avoid them like the plague. They are similar to drones, in that , they perform random maneuvers, their speed and altitude is unpredictable, and they move way faster than a drone. Getting out of a helicopters way is difficult, especially being unable to notice any predictable flight path or changes in altitude. Their high speed doesn't help.
Don't I know it!! There are dozens in my area that are routinely at 100' performing random maneuvers!! Light aircraft too!

This incident occurred in the U.S. so the drone operator was definitely not "within legal rights". The FAA regulations are applicable to and cover the entire United States of America. If the perpetrator is apprehended he/she will most likely be prosecuted.

Just quoting from the article.

On an unrelated note, is that your craft in your avatar?? My MA2 nearly got hit by a flying rubber raft just like it last week in the FL Keys. I am still kicking myself for not getting a picture of it! One of the more awesome things I've seen in 2020!

Just quoting from the article.

On an unrelated note, is that your craft in your avatar?? My MA2 nearly got hit by a flying rubber raft just like it last week in the FL Keys. I am still kicking myself for not getting a picture of it! One of the more awesome things I've seen in 2020!

I wish! :) I went looking for an avatar and thought that pic was very cool. What an awesome way that would be to get around my favorite fishing spots !!

I flew sailplanes for a few years but never a weight-shift aircraft like a hang glider which is what that thing essentially is but with a motor and rubber raft incorporated.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member