DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor Stop and Crash in Auto Takeoff Mode

Your description of the landing is pretty much spot on. It does not land like a P3 which is something I'm not particularly crazy about although I haven't had that many flights as yet. On my last flight I did induce a bit more throttle prior to touchdown to attempt to "cushion" the landing. It seemed to help some but it is not a P3.

Are we talking Auto RTH Landing or Manual landing ??? because I have video of my Mavic auto landing without me putting any downward stick ...... ill need to load it as im at work but I am sure it completed the landing on Auto during a RTH.

Don't auto anything. I would be cautious being the first generation. Auto nothing for now. The disclaimer acknowledges this when you first pushed the button. Fly it first.....
Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

I have not updated mine, still running the fw the one the aircraft came with (v01.02.0900). I use ATO 100% of the time with no issues, makes me feel better about my decision not to upgrade, I have been ignoring the update message. At this point it is unclear if the issue was present prior to the firmware upgrade. I wonder if downgrading to the version I am currently running proves the issue is caused by the last 2 firmware updates.

I have not updated mine, still running the fw the one the aircraft came with (v01.02.0900). I use ATO 100% of the time with no issues, makes me feel better about my decision not to upgrade, I have been ignoring the update message. At this point it is unclear if the issue was present prior to the firmware upgrade. I wonder if downgrading to the version I am currently running proves the issue is caused by the last 2 firmware updates.
what version of dji go are you running on ?

what version of dji go are you running on ?

I am running DJI GO 4 v 4.0.2 on an iPhone 6PLUS iOS 9.3.2. I have also used an iPhone 7PLUS, no issues to report.

Are we talking Auto RTH Landing or Manual landing ??? because I have video of my Mavic auto landing without me putting any downward stick ...... ill need to load it as im at work but I am sure it completed the landing on Auto during a RTH.
Manual landing I have not utilized RTH or auto land feature.

John, if you send yours in. please also PM me your case number and refer to your post. Motor Stop and Crash in Auto Takeoff Mode
Hi ed, I wonder if you could help me please? my new mavic is having constant abnormal gimbal vibration errors from first power up and jello effect video. I've checked the mount to make sure it's seated right and that seems fine however the whole assembly does seem quite lose (but that could be normal?). I've tried calibrating the gimbal a number of times As well as IMU as suggested in other threads but with no improvement. Any further suggestions? Thanks

That's topnotch Ed. DJI has come a long way on the service side in less than a year.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Wish I felt the same. I have had 2 Mavics not work out of the of the box and I'll I get from DJI is "send it in and we'll look at it." I received my first Mavic on 12/12 sent it back the following day. It's been well over a month since my first Mavic arrived and I still have yet to have a properly functioning
Mavic. I was actually told by a "supervisor" that she would expedite and elevate my second repair. She promised to email me with details and provided me her email. She never emailed or responded to the 4 emails I sent her. When I reached out with these details I was told that it will be looked into and a week later I was given a case number and told to send the Mavic in.

This sounds like the exact same auto takeoff problem that happened to me just about a year ago after first getting my Mavic. Several other folks also reported it happening on these forums around the same time frame.

I reported it to DJI and they suggested that I send it in, but I never did as I got lucky and didn't sustain any damage. But I never felt confident trying an auto-takeoff again. I'd hoped that they would have fixed the problem - whatever it is - by now, but sounds like they haven't. So that means that either the software glitch causing this never got fixed, or has reappeared in newer firmware. Bummer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan