DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor Stop and Crash in Auto Takeoff Mode

Sit down and relax, nobody calling you names. Btw, other post you acted as if you never heard of issues on the P3. Nuff said. Thumbswayup

I always upgraded my Phantom as soon as the updates were available. I never had a single issue.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

With no intention of sounding critical and far more out of curiosity, what is the practical use or value of ATO ? The Mavic is so easy to power up and pull to a low hover with the sticks that I am not sure why this feature exists ?

With no intention of sounding critical and far more out of curiosity, what is the practical use or value of ATO ? The Mavic is so easy to power up and pull to a low hover with the sticks that I am not sure why this feature exists ?

I think its just a fad... no real point of it, but its cool to do sometimes.

I think you also have to use ATO if you're flying your Mavic using wifi on your mobile device workout the controller. Doesn't appear that move-sticks-to-start-engines works with the virtual joysticks. At least not that i could figure out.

Okay, those would be two practical uses. Thanks for the feedback !

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

I am a first time DJI flyer. I got my mavic yesterday. Took about 9 flights in the last 48 hours using newest firmware. All launches were using AUTO Takeoff. Then, just an hour ago, Back to back auto takeoffs crashed immediately from about 4-5feet. Some damage to plastic. Since I've owned it for less than 48 hours, I'm not sure what I should do. Using the iphone app, it doesn't look like these two flights were recorded in the log.

EVERYTHING from power on to power off is recorded in the log onboard the aircraft. I'd contact DJI.

The same thing happened to me. On the third flight I used auto takeoff and it went up about 4ft and then the props shut off and the drone fell to the ground. Bent the gimbal rendering the camera inoperative. Shipped it off to DJI and they repaired it at no charge. Expecting it back from them in a few days.

I am a first time DJI flyer. I got my mavic yesterday. Took about 9 flights in the last 48 hours using newest firmware. All launches were using AUTO Takeoff. Then, just an hour ago, Back to back auto takeoffs crashed immediately from about 4-5feet. Some damage to plastic. Since I've owned it for less than 48 hours, I'm not sure what I should do. Using the iphone app, it doesn't look like these two flights were recorded in the log.

This seems to be a somewhat common problem. I would contact DJI.

DJI will be repairing my mavic under warranty.

They are sending me a different body than I sent them. Seems standard for them, I guess they have an inventory of repaired/refurbished drones that they send out.

Don't auto anything. I would be cautious being the first generation. Auto nothing for now. The disclaimer acknowledges this when you first pushed the button. Fly it first.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

I've been using firmware v01.03.0200 and I've done about 4 auto take offs and haven't had an issue.

Don't auto anything. I would be cautious being the first generation. Auto nothing for now. The disclaimer acknowledges this when you first pushed the button. Fly it first.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

I dont have a Mavic, but isn't landing always "semi-automatic"? You go down, the Mavic hovers at two feet, you keep the throttle down and then it makes an "automatic "landing going strait down?
I am used to manually touch down my Phantom 3 as gently as I want. Good for uneven terrain. Is that possible with the Mavic? I heard it descends rather quickly from the two feet.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Never had this issue before around 90% of my flights I have used auto takeoff. Still I only take off until Inhave full GPS lock never before or you will fly in ATTI lode

I have not had any issues with Auto take off but as above I NEVER take off until the "Home Piont Has Been Updated Check It On The Map" massage has been heard .....

I have not had any issues with Auto take off but as above I NEVER take off until the "Home Piont Has Been Updated Check It On The Map" massage has been heard .....

Same here. I use it when launching off grass etc on a hand launch . I've got no intention of stopping auto launching from my hand....Even if I did have a problem it wouldn't fall on a hard surface so I'm willing to 'risk' it.

I dont have a Mavic, but isn't landing always "semi-automatic"? You go down, the Mavic hovers at two feet, you keep the throttle down and then it makes an "automatic "landing going strait down?
I am used to manually touch down my Phantom 3 as gently as I want. Good for uneven terrain. Is that possible with the Mavic? I heard it descends rather quickly from the two feet.

Your description of the landing is pretty much spot on. It does not land like a P3 which is something I'm not particularly crazy about although I haven't had that many flights as yet. On my last flight I did induce a bit more throttle prior to touchdown to attempt to "cushion" the landing. It seemed to help some but it is not a P3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78