DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first drone

TapSnap

Reactions
So the Mavic Pro will be my first drone. It was a hard choice between this and the gopro version. Went with the Mavic do to the sensors in hopes it will prevent me from crashing. Lol.

Anyway is there any good videos you suggest watching about drones in general?

Also doed the Mavic need to be registered?

Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Yes you as the pilot has to be registered. The drone has to be labeled with your FAA#.

I'm not biased.... the GoPro would have been a mistake. Big time. Search YouTube and you'll see video after video of the GoPro failing.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So the Mavic Pro will be my first drone. It was a hard choice between this and the gopro version. Went with the Mavic do to the sensors in hopes it will prevent me from crashing. Lol.

Thanks for the help

Registration depends on where you are, different rules all over the world

Reactions: Uralba

Thanks for the help

Just don't stop reading and learning. Watch videos about your drone specially those of don't do. Fly safe always !!!

Yes you as the pilot has to be registered. The drone has to be labeled with your FAA#.

I'm not biased.... the GoPro would have been a mistake. Big time. Search YouTube and you'll see video after video of the GoPro failing.

To be fair and play devils advocate, go to the DJI support forums and you will be too scared to fly your Mavic anytime soon. Plenty examples of Mavics going haywire and being unresponsive to control input.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caballete007
To be fair and play devils advocate, go to the DJI support forums and you will be too scared to fly your Mavic anytime soon. Plenty examples of Mavics going haywire and being unresponsive to control input.

I have a Phantom 4 and waiting for my Mavic. I'm already scared about all the Mavic glitches and unresponsive input from the RC.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Luck you. You might actually have yours by then. LOL.

In the mean time buy a baby drone and practice on it. Mine is the Syma X5C.

Thanks everyone. I plan to practice a bunch before adventuring with it. Going to Iceland in june.

Don't listen to some of these people. GoPro even when it works is junk compared to. Not very many people prefer the GoPro over the Mavic.

You made an excellent choice! Just go slow and be careful. Read read read

My friend everybody's opinion is valid. That's why this is a forum. Part of learning is listening what others have to say. That's why we are here or not? TapSnap you are doing the right thing.

Don't listen to some of these people. GoPro even when it works is junk compared to. Not very many people prefer the GoPro over the Mavic.

You made an excellent choice! Just go slow and be careful. Read read read

Agreed the Karma is Junk and I really love my Mavic. But I encourage you to go to the the DJI forums and read through a few of the crash threads. Until DJI sorts this out, it's pretty frightening. Just glad no one got hurt yet.

I suspect some of the issues are surrounding people doing what they have known to work in the past. Like IMU calibrations etc. albeit not in the manual DJI issued a memo saying not do calibrate the IMU. The manual doesn't say to do it or not to do it.

The material I read says to avoid it unless asked by the app.

I think I'm most crashes I've seen, the wrecks coincide with doing a unneeded IMU CALIBRATION.

I suspect some of the issues are surrounding people doing what they have known to work in the past. Like IMU calibrations etc. albeit not in the manual DJI issued a memo saying not do calibrate the IMU. The manual doesn't say to do it or not to do it.

I think I'm most crashes I've seen, the wrecks coincide with doing a unneeded IMU CALIBRATION.

I read about that but the RC that is unresponsive is a big problem too. And it looks that is not a software problem, because of a new technology that they are using in the hardware. I hope nobody gets hurt and puts more restrictions and regulations on the hobbyists.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Sorry to be so off topic...

There's crashes from both camps of calibrations. It's something hardware or firmware related.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78