DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 My first real Mavic 3 Video

A Great Egret. The name of the species, not a compliment to the bird. They're wonderful birds, strong and effective hunters. Were you using the 7x lens?
Yea I was zoomed in, I didn't wanna disturb the him or her, he or shee looked like she was chill, so I just recorded him or her from a safe distance.

Yea I was zoomed in, I didn't wanna disturb the him or her, he or shee looked like she was chill, so I just recorded him or her from a safe distance.
There's essentially no way to determine the gender of Great Egrets, unless you're a Great Egret or a biologist with the bird in the lab. The males are slightly larger, but that's not helpful unless you're looking at a pair and can compare diretly. So he/she it is.

Did you notice that toe tap and head bob thing the bird does at about 0:23 and 1:05? I wonder what that's about.

There's essentially no way to determine the gender of Great Egrets, unless you're a Great Egret or a biologist with the bird in the lab. The males are slightly larger, but that's not helpful unless you're looking at a pair and can compare diretly. So he/she it is.

Did you notice that toe tap and head bob thing the bird does at about 0:23 and 1:05? I wonder what that's about.
Lol I thought he just maybe had some kind of itch or something, the only thing I knew about him or her is that it is just a big white bird, lol. I didn't know anything about it but thousands land in the trees behind my mother's boyfriend's house at night over his huge lake then fly off early morning or until their 13 foot Gator decides to relieve one of them of their mortality, lol

Lol I thought he just maybe had some kind of itch or something, the only thing I knew about him or her is that it is just a big white bird, lol. I didn't know anything about it but thousands land in the trees behind my mother's boyfriend's house at night over his huge lake then fly off early morning or until their 13 foot Gator decides to relieve one of them of their mortality, lol
That roost sounds like quite a show. Is it near Kenner? Someplace the public can go?

When they're feeding, egrets sometimes shake or stamp their feet to scare up prey. But I've never seen pat their foot like that when they're perched and follow with that head bobbing. I'll ask a couple of serious birder friends if they know anything.

That roost sounds like quite a show. Is it near Kenner? Someplace the public can go?

When they're feeding, egrets sometimes shake or stamp their feet to scare up prey. But I've never seen pat their foot like that when they're perched and follow with that head bobbing. I'll ask a couple of serious birder friends if they know anything.
nothing, they land on the far side of the lake or pond, its all swamp here with massive gators so he doesn't go into or across the lake, well, as well as he like 80 and moves like a dehydrated camel with 4 broken legs, lmao, my mother stays sick and doesn't move much either. they come because, actually idk, maybe because for the fish and the heat rise from the water maybe, idk, they said they land here before they migrate whatever that is, but a lotta times i see these birds catching fish. A couple times a few people fish here said they saw some birds dropping stuff into the water and then the bird snatch up the fish that goes after it but this i have never seen but I only go there very seldom so idk.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottster03