DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Naming your Mavic

A long time enthusiastic devotee to aviation, avionics, engineer, businessman, private pilot (multi-IFR).

When he was in university he got a summer job at the local airport fixing avionics. (As he had done in the Canadian Air Force as a corporal). His boss at the airport (early 1960's) asked him what he wanted to do as an engineer.

"Design avionics," he replied.

"Why?" asked his boss, "it's all been done."

Wow. It's never "all been done". He'd be amazed at this age of the internet, mobile comms, GPS (which he was very knowledgeable about before there were even 3 sats in orbit) and these incredible drones.

He died the day after flying a new R/C plane. (His medical was revoked and he couldn't fly his plane anymore).

So, my drone is named with my dad's complete name.

And my new Phantom 4 Pro is named for my mother.

Though I had originally said Skynet (it resembles that flying drone in terminator 3), and I thought Droney McDroneface was super funny... Tom Servo was another thought, or, possibly, CamBot or Croooow! (mst3k).

In the end, I just called it Raven1

Mine is called Lucy. See's in the sky all the time, but I've yet to find any diamonds.

I named mine Risky Business after my favorite air plane a P-51 mustang

Finally named mine HK-Aerial (Terminator Drones). I got me some shiny silver vinyl and the wife can cut it with her crafting machine. Gonna make it look just like the movie.
maxresdefault.jpg

Kids called it Rogue One and it sort of stuck. So I got some decals that look Star Wars-like.

1f222fd1e0a8f8baae33872e57744e53.jpg
1f222fd1e0a8f8baae33872e57744e53.jpg

Black Pearl- cause I'm a Pirate,....And here there be monsters!

Finally named mine HK-Aerial (Terminator Drones). I got me some shiny silver vinyl and the wife can cut it with her crafting machine. Gonna make it look just like the movie.
maxresdefault.jpg
Should look great, but be careful. If the vinyl is very metallic, it might block signal to the gps receiver at the top rear of HK...

Phillis, because I got a message saying Phill was delivering the package, and of course its a female

Should look great, but be careful. If the vinyl is very metallic, it might block signal to the gps receiver at the top rear of HK...
That was my first thought. I checked with the wife and she said it's barely a mm in thickness. Plus they are gonna be in pieces so there will be gaps in between. I just need to think about how to stipple the edges to look like rivets after I spray it.

Omg I just saw this. I'm gonna hot glue this to the chassis
rBVaI1gpeP6AWgrTAAGdOM1lJP0306.jpg

Last edited:
Named mine a basic name but came to me as soon as I got it..... Droney

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman