DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

Finding out which one to use is also when the pain starts...see, you need 1 cable from the tiny u-fl, exit the shell and bring it to the amp. Then 1 cable out of the amp into the shell again connecting to the internal antenna...
My thought was: if you exit the shell anyway, why not omit the orig antenna completly and go for super grade spironet?

I don't think we can simply add the amp on the Mavic TX. The Sunhams amp is limited to 20dBm input. This is fine on the controller which has 20dBm out plus the 6dB stock antennae, but on the Mavic side I believe the power is much more that 20dBm. We would likely need an attenuator to drop the power down. If you don't, the amp input may get burned out. Not a good thing when you're controlling from a distance. I guess we need to find out the Mavic's TX power from the craft side.

Edit: You likely have EU power levels. I think the power tx is 6dBm less than here with our FCC regulations. You might be ok, but still need confirmation.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacIak
Oh..did not even consider the input limit on the booster. Dammit gotta do more reading now. Need to put my 2 spare braincells to work. Thanks for this valuable input!

Reactions: CyberNate
Warning: long story but could be useful!

So finally i was able to do a (not so optimal, very high wind/turbulence) range/performance test with the sunhans booster on the remote tx antenna. Note again: CE region!
It was a bad day to fly, my phone acted weird and had a disconnect for some reason, probably was playing too much with different flight modes and it got stuck/crashed. I could not see much either on my screen due to the sun, need crystalsky..
Finally i ended up crashing the Creep while flying in a forest, not related to testing. My own screw-up. No sig damage though, the Creep still flies.
So. Back to the booster and range:
In my short carreer as drone-operator it seems success from the past does not guarantee more of it in the future. Phantom 3 seemed to benefit greatly from windsurfers and dbs mods. Ocusync seems tricky and near perfect though. From some internet research combined with own experience i can say for mavic in this region: windsurfers, nanosync, dbs...all bs. Do not buy. I hate it when producers lie about specs of their product but they need to make money so they do this.
In my case the dbs 02.2 mod was worse than stock and nanosync slightly better than dbs...

Now comes BOOSTING the tx signal: initially it looked promising. Mid range flying from the backyard in the middle of town i went out for about 2 km ( not further cause losing radio LoS) With booster full bars on rc, without booster it's half of that so it is good.
Today i went to the "hill" for an onubstructed low interference distance run (no battery mod). Had to be careful cause of very high wind not to run outta juice so had to limit my distance. I took off with the booster on, after 300 m i had 1 bar less, after 1 km total loss of rc initiating RTH!!! WTF?!
So recap the mod: nanosync mod with the left antenna boosted by 3w sunhans connected with custom size RG316 coax, booster fed by powerbank delivering 5v, 2.1amp. But...but.. it worked fine before, maybe because different (stock) cables and booster was powered by lower USB on tx?!
Tried different cable without booster: 1 bar rc drop after 1.5km, that was normal.
Plugged booster back in and connected different powerbank delivering 1 amp max...voila!! I do not know why but the stronger powerbank screwed up things.
So with the new setup i took the Creep out at 80m altitude to 5 km with 4-5 solid bars on rc and 3-4 bars on hd. Right overhead a town which i normally could not reach due total signal loss and auto RTH. Did not dare further because a bigger headwind component on the return. Im sure with calm wind/open water/ field it would give at least the FCC range if not limited by battery. Clearly the town's interference made me loose some signal but a very satisfactory outcome overall.

Conclusion: any compatible antenna will work as long as its boosted, don t buy the sales talk. For stronger HD the craft needs boosting onboard, less simple. Still looking into this but little playtime coming days. To make optimum use of the extended range battery mod is a must. @CyberNate is doing an excellent job on this, thank you for that.

Last edited:
Great work Maciak.
I have got all my nano sync stuff installed, so soon as our cyclonic weather clears ill be testing it out

Reactions: MacIak
I've built a set of 2.4 double biquad antennas and I'm amazed I've tripled my range from a spotty 4,500ft too rock solid 12,500! It's Ben about a week with probably 20 flights to see if it was just luck. Butt I'm still on avg getting 11500-13000ft .. Its a pretty simple diy build and I tossed it together. After tryin many different types of antennas.. So tonight I'm getting ready to start on building something that doesn't look like a 7 year built . Hopefully I can get something I can use other than the backyard.. butt there is a ton of builds w/spes for the biquad on the net might be worth a shot to someone else too give it a try.. I fly mainly just around home lots off cell towers and wifi ...

Reactions: CyberNate
I've built a set of 2.4 double biquad antennas and I'm amazed I've tripled my range from a spotty 4,500ft too rock solid 12,500! It's Ben about a week with probably 20 flights to see if it was just luck. Butt I'm still on avg getting 11500-13000ft .. Its a pretty simple diy build and I tossed it together. After tryin many different types of antennas.. So tonight I'm getting ready to start on building something that doesn't look like a 7 year built . Hopefully I can get something I can use other than the backyard.. butt there is a ton of builds w/spes for the biquad on the net might be worth a shot to someone else too give it a try.. I fly mainly just around home lots off cell towers and wifi ...

Well, once you get something together that you really like, show us a picture. Curious on what it looks like. I've seen a few pictures of various versions. Doesn't look so compact.

images (9).jpg
Wonder how this would go with a booster

Anyone bought the Nano Sync but find it disappointing? Without any additional signal amplification does Nano Sync work? I asked this question because I just installed the newly bought Nano Sync but disappointingly it is even worst than the stock antenna.

I actually had already bought a cheap Chinese Flat panel antenna which is also mentioned in this thread and got a drone shop technician to modify the controller. I bought the Nano Sync because the manufacturer claimed that it is specially made for Mavic. However, I only got control signal of 61/100 only at a distance of about 10M and height of 80M. That is horrible.

If I replace this Nano Sync with my old Chinese cheap, I can get signal strength of 75/100 and video strength of 100/100 over a 1km distance and height of 180M, over the city that I lived in Hong Kong, using Litchi.

Despite I already explained all these to Jack, he is asking me to open the controller to show him the internal cable. Does it make sense if my controller is working fine with the Chinese made antenna? Is this the way to serve customer by throwing difficult tasks up front to discourage any complain? If I have the tools and the knowledge of measuring SWR which is what Jack asked me to measure and assuming I know what it is, I could be easily in his business. I am just a beginner and Mavic is just my first drone.

I hope Maxx can properly address the issue and I hope I am just the one with bad luck to receive a flaw Nano Sync.

Will keep my case posted here.

Reactions: singlag
Anyone bought the Nano Sync but find it disappointing? Without any additional signal amplification does Nano Sync work? I asked this question because I just installed the newly bought Nano Sync but disappointingly it is even worst than the stock antenna.

I actually had already bought a cheap Chinese Flat panel antenna which is also mentioned in this thread and got a drone shop technician to modify the controller. I bought the Nano Sync because the manufacturer claimed that it is specially made for Mavic. However, I only got control signal of 61/100 only at a distance of about 10M and height of 80M. That is horrible.

If I replace this Nano Sync with my old Chinese cheap, I can get signal strength of 75/100 and video strength of 100/100 over a 1km distance and height of 180M, over the city that I lived in Hong Kong, using Litchi.

Despite I already explained all these to Jack, he is asking me to open the controller to show him the internal cable. Does it make sense if my controller is working fine with the Chinese made antenna? Is this the way to serve customer by throwing difficult tasks up front to discourage any complain? If I have the tools and the knowledge of measuring SWR which is what Jack asked me to measure and assuming I know what it is, I could be easily in his business. I am just a beginner and Mavic is just my first drone.

I hope Maxx can properly address the issue and I hope I am just the one with bad luck to receive a flaw Nano Sync.

Hey Yesandy, I've responded to your e-mail. Do you have a way to measure the SWR? The reason I ask is because the included internal cables are designed specifically to match the SWR of the Nano Sync antenna. Now I can't imagine it would throw it off so much that you would get that horrible of a range, but if you can measure the SWR of the antenna with your cables, that would tell us a lot. We could try swapping it out with a different antenna as well. Let me know. I'll do what I can to help.

I already said I don't know what SWR is and no tool to measure it. I also don't have the tool and the skill to open the Mavic controller.

All I know is my old cheap Chinese made antenna works well on my modified controller but the Nano Sync doesn't work with this same setting.

Do I need to know all these in order to get your Nano Sync works? If the answer is yes, then I guess many if not most Mavic owners are not qualified to use your Nano Sync.

To make it clear, the 61/100 reading is on my Litchi app, not any special tools.

Hey Yesandy, I've responded to your e-mail. Do you have a way to measure the SWR? The reason I ask is because the included internal cables are designed specifically to match the SWR of the Nano Sync antenna. Now I can't imagine it would throw it off so much that you would get that horrible of a range, but if you can measure the SWR of the antenna with your cables, that would tell us a lot. We could try swapping it out with a different antenna as well. Let me know. I'll do what I can to help.

The Nanosync should do more or less the same as stock, maybe a tiny bit better if lucky. Why buy it? Because aftermarket stuff is gold business and since success was proven with P3 I was hoping for an equivalent improvement. But in your case a defect of some kind explains the situation better.
Look..face it. All these long distance runs done by some people (like Chuck)..have you seen where he flies? Flat, no structures, wifi etc. Or people leave from congested areas straight over open water. Even in CE regions people are able to get 6km out of the mavic in stock, that's 2km more than advertised so it is likely the distance runs done could have the same results with stock tx . OR the Nanosync is a lot better with NO interference at all and FCC output level. Even ItElite cannot answer me this simple question: HAS THE NANOSYNC BEEN TESTED WITH CE OUTPUT LEVELS??? If yes, why does it have insignificant effect? For my results comparing them please see previous posts. In short: Nanosync seems kaka.Just like DBS02 and windsurfers.

The reading in litchi (I don t use it)..does it correspond to what the TX is displaying by the " bars" . Seems sometimes even in GO4 the app shows no signal on RC while TX shows 3 bars (just read this somewhere, I have not seen this myself)?!

@JakeMaxxUAV : we also need to wrap-up via mail, I will contact you later.

I already said I don't know what SWR is and no tool to measure it. I also don't have the tool and the skill to open the Mavic controller.

All I know is my old cheap Chinese made antenna works well on my modified controller but the Nano Sync doesn't work with this same setting.

Do I need to know all these in order to get your Nano Sync works? If the answer is yes, then I guess many if not most Mavic owners are not qualified to use your Nano Sync.

Do you have a link to the Chinese Antenna? I would like to see what you're talking about.

No, you don't need to know all of this. Just thought if you had a tool to measure the SWR, we could start troubleshooting. Let's continue this through e-mail. We'll get a new antenna sent out.

The Nanosync should do more or less the same as stock, maybe a tiny bit better if lucky. Why buy it? Because aftermarket stuff is gold business and since success was proven with P3 I was hoping for an equivalent improvement. But in your case a defect of some kind explains the situation better.
Look..face it. All these long distance runs done by some people (like Chuck)..have you seen where he flies? Flat, no structures, wifi etc. Or people leave from congested areas straight over open water. Even in CE regions people are able to get 6km out of the mavic in stock, that's 2km more than advertised so it is likely the distance runs done could have the same results with stock tx . OR the Nanosync is a lot better with NO interference at all and FCC output level. Even ItElite cannot answer me this simple question: HAS THE NANOSYNC BEEN TESTED WITH CE OUTPUT LEVELS??? If yes, why does it have insignificant effect? For my results comparing them please see previous posts. In short: Nanosync seems kaka.Just like DBS02 and windsurfers.

The reading in litchi (I don t use it)..does it correspond to what the TX is displaying by the " bars" . Seems sometimes even in GO4 the app shows no signal on RC while TX shows 3 bars (just read this somewhere, I have not seen this myself)?!

@JakeMaxxUAV : we also need to wrap-up via mail, I will contact you later.
Hey Maclak, who did you try contacting at ItElite? To my knowledge they haven't tested in EU. They send their antennas to Chuck for testing.

Hey Maclak, who did you try contacting at ItElite? To my knowledge they haven't tested in EU. They send their antennas to Chuck for testing.
Don't you think that's pretty worthless? Completely disregarding performance in CE region but still advertising major improvement in signal and range (you do this as well, so is maxxuav.eu!).
My main contact was with: Alex Romo (who literally told me that DBS02.2 will not work for Mavic!) and Michal Patoleta (Poland).

On the side: Can anyone explain why the sunhans amp acts weird (white/blue led on but drastic reduction in signal strength) when I power it with 2.1 amp? When plugged into 1 amp all is normal..?

The way i see it, this is all about modifying a radio that works pretty good without mods. If you dont understand how this works or have any basic skills, you should probably leave well enough alone. You are complaining but dont understand really what you are complaining about or how to work with it.
I finished my mod a couple of days ago and stuffed my controller. Pointless coming on here and complaining Jake. I knew the risks and threw the dice. Good news. After a day of calming down and some fine work, all fixed. Hopefully some testing tomorrow

The way i see it, this is all about modifying a radio that works pretty good without mods. If you dont understand how this works or have any basic skills, you should probably leave well enough alone. You are complaining but dont understand really what you are complaining about or how to work with it.
I finished my mod a couple of days ago and stuffed my controller. Pointless coming on here and complaining Jake. I knew the risks and threw the dice. Good news. After a day of calming down and some fine work, all fixed. Hopefully some testing tomorrow

Pointless for you to comment without knowing the full facts of my case and my communication with Maxx.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp