DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filters

gnuPilot

Reactions
My Air will be here this morning and I was going to preorder a set of the Polarpro ND filters. My question is, would you really need ND 4/8/16 in both polarized and non-polarized? Typically I only use polarized lenses when it’s bright out, and since I likely won’t fly at much past dusk I can’t see when I’d need non-polarized.

Just curious as I’m still a novice photographer/quad pilot.

DJI Mavic Air Filters - Cinema Series - Vivid Collection

DJI Mavic Air Filter - Cinema Series 6-Pack

I really only use a polarizer when I'm shooting with a good sky/clouds that I can really get to pop with a polarizer, or shooting water/snow or subjects with higher reflectivity. I like having and ND4 with pola and then a straight pola. Those are the filters I use the most.

DJI has their Mavic Air Filter Set which includes just NDs (4, 8, 16). These just arrived in stock.

Safe flying with the Air! Enjoy it! ;)

Reactions: bikelike
I really only use a polarizer when I'm shooting with a good sky/clouds that I can really get to pop with a polarizer, or shooting water/snow or subjects with higher reflectivity. I like having and ND4 with pola and then a straight pola. Those are the filters I use the most.

DJI has their Mavic Air Filter Set which includes just NDs (4, 8, 16). These just arrived in stock.

Thanks for heads up. $62.83 shipped to me.

Reactions: Advexure
Oh hey...do these screw on?

That's a good question...I personally have not used any yet or seen any out of a box. They just came in late today. Can get you that answer tomorrow morning at the office.

Reactions: R1Mavic

Too bad you can’t just buy those two filters.

Reactions: Advexure
Reactions: R1Mavic
Mine are on the way from them. I leave the ND8 on for almost every flight during the day.

Are the Cinema series Polarpro filters worth the extra money over their standard series?

Are the Cinema series Polarpro filters worth the extra money over their standard series?

I just got the cinema series ND filters yesterday and love them. The glass is supposed to be better on the cinema series and I think that’s important. It doesn’t make sense to put a cheap filter in front of a great lens. Get the best you can. The look and feel of the filters are great. Easy install too once you are able to get the stock UV filter off (I had to really crank on it to get it loose).

I just got the cinema series ND filters yesterday and love them. The glass is supposed to be better on the cinema series and I think that’s important. It doesn’t make sense to put a cheap filter in front of a great lens. Get the best you can. The look and feel of the filters are great. Easy install too once you are able to get the stock UV filter off (I had to really crank on it to get it loose).

Tips on removing stock filter?

It's not that tough to remove really. Hold the camera steady with one hand and turn it to the left with the other hand. It has kind of a sticky feeling to it and turns very slowly until you get it going.

Tips on removing stock filter?

Mine was on TIGHT. Wash your hands and make sure they’re dry. Just get a good grip on it and lefty loosey. I had to work it for about 30 seconds before I finally got it to release.Be gentle with the gimbal but hold it firm enough so that you’re not pressuring it.

Mine was on TIGHT.
I'm not sure how DJI installs these in the factory, but it feels like there is some kind of adhesive on the filter which makes it harder to remove the first time. Phantom filters do the same when removed the first time.

I'm not sure how DJI installs these in the factory, but it feels like there is some kind of adhesive on the filter which makes it harder to remove the first time. Phantom filters do the same when removed the first time.

I didn’t notice any adhesive on mine. It just wasn’t easy to remove at all.

Me neither. It has a slow, sticky feeling to it as it's unscrewed -- making it feel like it was attached with some kind of adhesive.

Did you get these filters for a Mavic Air already? I thought they hadn’t been released yet.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure