DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEAR MISS on video!!

When I see a reply like this in forums and on Facebook it always makes me think
I thought the anti-acronym was hilarious but then I realised it fits your post quite well too,..... as in, as well as the anti-acronym being hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zeprider
Im sorry, but if you didn’t stage this video you have slow reaction time. You started saying, oh no, oh no, 9 seconds before the drone went thru the wires. More than enough time to simply let go of the sticks and stop.

Im sorry, but if you didn’t stage this video you have slow reaction time. You started saying, oh no, oh no, 9 seconds before the drone went thru the wires. More than enough time to simply let go of the sticks and stop.
The audio was added later for a comedic effect. Not sure about yours but there is no microphone on my drone...

I fly a light bush plane down lots of creeks and rivers, I am really on the lookout for wires, occasionally coming around a bend I have been surprised by them. If you have the room you can pull up hard and get over them but you run the risk of hanging your tailwheel, so it is often safer to go under them.
On a drone you have the luxury of climbing, holding, and looking for signs of wire, paths cut thru trees ect but as said power poles are the easiest and most reliable.

But it is a bunch of fun flying the creeks!

Glad you missed the wires.

I fly a light bush plane down lots of creeks and rivers, I am really on the lookout for wires, occasionally coming around a bend I have been surprised by them. If you have the room you can pull up hard and get over them but you run the risk of hanging your tailwheel, so it is often safer to go under them.
On a drone you have the luxury of climbing, holding, and looking for signs of wire, paths cut thru trees ect but as said power poles are the easiest and most reliable.

But it is a bunch of fun flying the creeks!

Glad you missed the wires.
Captmike...you surprise me that you have made 70. I think I will stick to flying my MPP and continue being the dare devil I am in flying around the oval. LOL
Safe flying and hope you don't develop "creeks" in your plane.
Cheers mate from Down Under.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark