DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neighbor Flying Drone Over My house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a bow and use arrow for bird hunting that have big wire loops and shot it down. Should be an easy shot, even for a beginner.
I know you're joking, but, he lives in an HOA community. I don't think the cops or his neighbors would appreciate arrows flying around. LOL.

If he is flying at a low enough altitude, I would string some fishing line between some of the mangroves, and lead his drone to the trap. If he crashes into something he can't see, then that is on him.

B
Now THAT might work as you would not be attacking the drone. Be no different than running into a clothesline or power line then. :)

This is wrong information
Some states It is allowed to take that thing down. If he’s harassing you, friend could just use a .22 pellet on the gimbal.

Some states It is allowed to take that thing down. If he’s harassing you, friend could just use a .22 pellet on the gimbal.
Please, back that statement up with actual evidence and links to specific laws that say it is?

That statement is not just the WRONG information, but is a good way to get in a heap of trouble with the FAA. You can not legally shoot a drone out of the air anymore than you could any kind of manned aircraft.

While you may think that, the fact is the FAA will NOT see it that way. Do you want to take the chance? Oh, that guy on the bicycle coming past me scared me, think I'll whack him with a broom. See if that defense works in court.

Drones are considered aircraft and rules fall under 18 U.S.C. § 32 (18 U.S. Code § 32 - Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities). Thus trying to knock the drone down is a FEDERAL crime. On top of that, you could be charged with willful destruction of private property as well. So my advice stands...do NOT attack the drown unless you can prove you are in physical danger (i.e. it's diving directly at you), then self-defense might be a matter, but self-defense would require proof that you were in reasonable danger, just not liking the drone there is not self-defense.

I would again, keep calling the police, file harassment complaints with them and the HOA. And consider suing him in civil court. What he is doing IS harassment and should be dealt with as such, but do NOT do something that could end up with YOU being arrested by retaliating.
What is it with all the idiotic analogies? Once again, a quadcopter within a few feet of you does represent immediate physical danger in a very obvious way that a passing bicycle does not (unless the rider is brandishing a blade at you). The FAA is definitely not going to pursue anyone for taking action to protect themselves, but may well go after the pilot for failure to comply with 107.23 (a). And no court is going to side with the pilot in this situation.

Reactions: okw
With all the other complaints the original poster has against this guy it seems as though his drone antics are the least noteworthy of this guy's offenses can't they cause legal problems for him for all his other seemingly unlawful conduct?...as far as flying...if he is low enough to get knocked down by a broom...he most likely does not have it in sight...and it could easily be perceived as a threat...I would attach a tennis racket to a broom handle...like a big fly swatter and take my chances with the FAA

It sounds like he's just going to be trouble with or without the drone.
His appointment with the sheriff is getting closer.

If the drone is up high and safe just ignore it.
If it's down really low and close and annoying, a broom would put the drone out of action.
Just don't try to grab it if the props are spinning.
Do you ever go out in your back yard and practice casting with your fishing pole with a large sinker tied to the line? Maybe an opportunity to Hone your casting skills!

I would turn the big fan lawn sprinkler on. You are just watering your grass, right. but then again that might just be throwing more fuel on the fire. good luck.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Film the drone, make report to the FAA as well.

If he's flying low, and over you, hit it with the hose. If he's low enough that you can shut it down with water from your garden hose, you would be fine in FL.

Video tape every encounter. This use of a drone is totally illegal. File police reports. Most law enforcement agencies are now working hand in hand with the FAA. This guy will never establish a drone business.

Have the HOA buy a Peregrine or Prairie falcon. Not only will it keep those pesty birds like piegons, waterfowl and grouse away, it will do a number on the drone. Nature presides over man every time legally.

Just for clarification, the original poster said the clown lives in the first house outside the HOA.

I thought that initially, but wasn’t so sure before I replied previously.

“His house is the first house outside out gate” needs clarifying as it could mean the OPs gate or the HOA gate.

Now THAT might work as you would not be attacking the drone. Be no different than running into a clothesline or power line then. :)
Barrage balloons?

A party balloon lifts 10-20g, so you could easily lift balloons connected by fishing line, with additional lines dangling down and/or a coarse net between them. Tethered to the ground and not unreasonably high it should be legal. Unless HOA has rules against balloons?

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS PERSONS ADVICE AND ATTEMPT TO DISABLE THE DRONE WITH A BROOM OR ANY OTHER DEVICE!!!!! You would be the one arrested as any attempt to disable an aircraft (and yes, drones are aircraft) is a felony. Report this person to the FAA. Report him to the police and KEEP doing so. Harassment is harassment does not matter if he uses a drone or not. What about your HOA? What do they have to say? I would think him dumping trash, messing with the gate pad, and many of the things you describe would be in violation of some HOA rules.
Fine - but if someone else's drone is ever over my property, and it's close enough for me to hit it with a broom - it's going down. No other options exist - at that point. Self defense and common sense - that's too close.

Fine - but if someone else's drone is ever over my property, and it's close enough for me to hit it with a broom - it's going down. No other options exist - at that point. It's actually self defense - if it's that close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod