DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air 2S firmware -v02.04.20.60 pulled?

melmartin

Reactions
Overview:
Date: 2021.09.02
Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.20.60
Remote Controller: v04.12.00.46
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.4.8
DJI Fly App Android: v1.4.8

What’s New?
Optimized flight safety.

One never knows exactly what has been changed. Hopefully some of the bugs we know about have been addressed.

Last edited:
I usually don't update firmware, unless there is some significant new feature or features in the app or some big improvement in the flight cabaility of the aircraft. Otherwise, I don't see much of a point to it, especially when my drone and app are working perfectly. You may end dissapointed with the latest update. Wait for others to take the plunge and see what they have to say.

I'll install this morning....I can always go backwards if needed. I'm hoping some of the video lag with the smart controller is fixed.
Since you mentioned "smart controller" i just got my flymore combo with smart controller delivered yesterday, I updated everything charged all of the aircraft batteries, plugged in the usb into the charging brick (the big one that also charges the aircraft batteries) smart controller was at 35% last night, woke up this morning and it was STILL CHARGING!! Did you experience this slowwwwww charging on your smart controller?

Reactions: MartyPck
Since you mentioned "smart controller" i just got my flymore combo with smart controller delivered yesterday, I updated everything charged all of the aircraft batteries, plugged in the usb into the charging brick (the big one that also charges the aircraft batteries) smart controller was at 35% last night, woke up this morning and it was STILL CHARGING!! Did you experience this slowwwwww charging on your smart controller?
You have to use the charger that comes with the Smart Controller. The other charging device will charge the standard controller fast enough, but not the Smart Controller.

Well, tried to update firmware and it was not available. Also, the note that DJI posted on its forum is now gone. Appears they pulled it. Release notes are still here DJI Air 2S - Downloads - DJI
But the announcement on their forum has been axed. Nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
I'm still vexed by "O3" that our Air 2S is supposed to have. Apparently the remote controller is "O2" technology, so the "O3" must be in the drone itself. On DJI website, this is all I could find about the "O3". Like it says below, it is TRANSMISSION TECHNOLOGY that leads me to believe it's just on the drone side. So if that's the case, wouldn't the remote controller that comes with A2S be just as good (or bad) as a Smart Controller with Occusync 2.0? If the electronics are still the same.

O3 Transmission​

DJI Air 2S features DJI's most advanced O3 (OcuSync 3.0) image transmission technology, delivering an ultra-smooth, clear, and reliable image feed.
12Km
Max Video Transmission [1]
1080p
Transmission [3]
4Antennas
2.4/5.8GHz Dual Frequency [4]

Reactions: pommy
I'm still vexed by "O3" that our Air 2S is supposed to have. Apparently the remote controller is "O2" technology, so the "O3" must be in the drone itself. On DJI website, this is all I could find about the "O3". Like it says below, it is TRANSMISSION TECHNOLOGY that leads me to believe it's just on the drone side. So if that's the case, wouldn't the remote controller that comes with A2S be just as good (or bad) as a Smart Controller with Occusync 2.0? If the electronics are still the same.

O3 Transmission​

DJI Air 2S features DJI's most advanced O3 (OcuSync 3.0) image transmission technology, delivering an ultra-smooth, clear, and reliable image feed.
12Km
Max Video Transmission [1]
1080p
Transmission [3]
4Antennas
2.4/5.8GHz Dual Frequency [4]
Yeah i'm a bit confused by that as well, doesn't really bother me tho cause i don't really fly that far, and if i find that the distance with the smart controller is shorter than what the stock controller uses i'll pick one of those up on ebay. From my very limited investigating both controllers are similar in distance with only slight degradation in the smart controller

Thanks for sharing! ??

Reactions: Oman
Just saw YouTuber GavinHR and he said that this update will be rolled out in stages depending on the Air 2S serial number of your drone. Let's all hope that the O3 power is UNLEASHED!

One of the comments about the youtube video was "this update only blocks the drone hacks certificate hack that unlocks the altitude and removes no fly zones, nothing else!!! Those that are interested in that hack DO NOT UPDATE!!!" I have no clue if that's what it does but just putting that out there.

One of the comments about the youtube video was "this update only blocks the drone hacks certificate hack that unlocks the altitude and removes no fly zones, nothing else!!! Those that are interested in that hack DO NOT UPDATE!!!" I have no clue if that's what it does but just putting that out there.
Since the update was pulled the comments are not very relevant and they are just speculation anyway. And as a practice, I'm not interested in flying hacked software. If DJI has practices that a pilot doesn't like, he's free to fly another product and vote with his wallet.

Since the update was pulled the comments are not very relevant and they are just speculation anyway. And as a practice, I'm not interested in flying hacked software. If DJI has practices that a pilot doesn't like, he's free to fly another product and vote with his wallet.
It's something that others might want to consider if they use DH. I'm sure some did get the update while it was out briefly so some may have seen what it does. Also, if that was part of the update they're not likely to remove or change it when it comes back out.

I wouldn't be surprised. DJI pays very much attention when their firmware is hacked and respond accordingly. If it is a new release to combat the hack, they usually make it so you can't roll it back.

Regarding Ocusync 3.0. I could have sworn I read, that the remotes that ship with the air2s have occusync 3.0, but if you use an old MavAir2 controller you will only be able to use 2.0. Did they just not activate the 3.0 capability in the Air2S remote yet?

It's something that others might want to consider if they use DH. I'm sure some did get the update while it was out briefly so some may have seen what it does. Also, if that was part of the update they're not likely to remove or change it when it comes back out.
I'm happy with my DH Firmware. Best money i've spent. No more need to be logged in or have an internet connection when wanting to fly in restricted space unexpectedly, except to get LAANC. I can always be sure when I go on location, my drone won't be denied flight for some reason or another. No more going to a site before hand to make sure the drone will actually fly there, if it's in some zone of restriction. I may upgrade to a new firmware only if DJI says they are activating occusync 3.0 in the remote. I thought it allready was activated, but the way you all are talking, it sounds like it isn't.

I'm happy with my DH Firmware. Best money i've spent. No more need to be logged in or have an internet connection when wanting to fly in restricted space unexpectedly, except to get LAANC. I can always be sure when I go on location, my drone won't be denied flight for some reason or another. No more going to a site before hand to make sure the drone will actually fly there, if it's in some zone of restriction. I may upgrade to a new firmware only if DJI says they are activating occusync 3.0 in the remote. I thought it allready was activated, but the way you all are talking, it sounds like it isn't.
I would wonder if the remotes have the hardware for Occusync 3? I thought it was all in the aircraft itself.

I thought it came with the same model as the Mini 2. I have both and have the Air 2 remote. The only external difference I see are the white lights on the Air 2 vs the others with green. I dont know what might be different but two of these are the same in every way I can see. I have them labeled so I dont mix them up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet