Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW DRONE ADVOCACY GROUP LAUNCHED

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
For those who haven't heard yet, one of our very own, Vic Moss (Moss Photography) has created an Org to help be a VOICE for our industry!!

NEW DRONE ADVOCACY GROUP LAUNCHED

Two industry veterans launch advocacy group aimed at small and medium sized drone service providers.

LAKEWOOD, CO, Dec. 1, 2020 – The Drone Service Providers Alliance (“DSPA”), a drone industry trade association, formally launched today. Founded by two drone industry veterans, the DSPA aims to represent small and medium sized drone service providers’ interests before the FAA, industry standards groups, and to educate governments about the perspective of drone service providers.

“Small and medium sized drone service providers constitute the vast majority of drone businesses in the United States,” said Kenji Sugahara, CEO/President of the DSPA. “However, these businesses have lacked a clear and unified voice before policymakers. We seek to fill that role. I am excited to being working with Vic Moss, another drone professional and policy expert. We not only have a deep policy knowledge of the UAS sphere, we have our own drone companies. We know, live, and understand the challenges faced by our industry cohorts. ”

(Click here for the FULL details to learn more)

Last edited:
Is the voice just for commercial drones or does it include recreational flying?

It says
The DSPA is a drone industry trade association representing the interests of small and medium sized drone businesses.
but @Vic Moss Can tell us more about it .

Reactions: Vic Moss
They have offered a DISCOUNT for all of our FORUM members here. If you want to become a part of this group (and I HIGHLY suggest it) below is the information from Vic.

"You have a discount. “DPN15” (Drone Pilot Network) will get everyone 15% off. It’s now active. Just DPN15, and not the quotation marks.

Thanks again!

~V~ "

Reactions: dirkclod
Is the voice just for commercial drones or does it include recreational flying?
Unfortunately we are focusing on the commercial 107 Pilots. There are other orgs for hobbyists, AMA being the main one. I know lots of AMA folks don't like drones, and I dropped my AMA membership after some arguments with their leadership about it, but they are the most active.

They have done some good stuff for the hobby side of the drone world.

Some of what we do at the state and local level will also benefit hobbyists, but it's not our focus nationally.

With the new recreational flyer rules coming out this month (test and CBO regs), I have no doubt some new advocacy groups will rise.

We may incorporate more of the hobbyist stuff at some point (we're also hobbyists), but if we do, it won't be any time soon. We need to get the 107 side self sustaining first.

It says

but @Vic Moss Can tell us more about it .
I know, I am just hoping it's pro business and not anti-recreation. There is a big movement towards remoteID which has the potential of heavily restricting FPV recreational flying.
Unfortunately we are focusing on the commercial 107 Pilots. There are other orgs for hobbyists, AMA being the main one. I know lots of AMA folks don't like drones, and I dropped my AMA membership after some arguments with their leadership about it, but they are the most active.

Some of what we do at the state and local level will also benefit hobbyists, but it's not our focus nationally.

With the new recreational flyer rules coming out this month (test and CBO regs), I have no doubt some new advocacy groups will rise.

We may incorporate more of the hobbyist stuff at some point (we're also hobbyists), but if we do, it won't be any time soon. We need to get the 107 side self sustaining first.

Thanks for the info Vic. I am a 107 pilot, so I'm interested in joining the organization. I'm also an FPV freestyle pilot and I worry about the Remote ID and what it could do for the recreational drone hobby. Like you said, even most AMA fixed wing pilots don't like us and I too have left clubs because of their severe anti-drone mentality.

I will look into joining your organization. It will be nice having a voice in the commercial side, this new side of drones.

I will look into joining your organization. It will be nice having a voice in the commercial side, this new side of drones.
We look forward to having you!!!

Okay, discount code works now. It's on the first page of the checkout. We didn't add the code correctly. Lots of moving parts on this, and I want to thank everyone for their patience.

Reactions: floridabeachbum

Vic,
I respect what you are doing and honesty regarding the hobbyists, I would just ask you to reconsider the hobbyist. I would join in a heartbeat if the organization would represent us (hobbyists). There are many more hobbyist than part 107. The AMA is not an answer for the drone hobbyist. I looked into the AMA when starting out and really have to say the old saying if you have nothing good to say don't say it. In any case I wish you the best in your endeavor.

Vic,
I respect what you are doing and honesty regarding the hobbyists, I would just ask you to reconsider the hobbyist. I would join in a heartbeat if the organization would represent us (hobbyists). There are many more hobbyist than part 107. The AMA is not an answer for the drone hobbyist. I looked into the AMA when starting out and really have to say the old saying if you have nothing good to say don't say it. In any case I wish you the best in your endeavor.
I understand needing a drone-centric hobby group. And I'd be on the lookout for more as the RID rules come out.

I just hope that DJI is going to be able to send us an update so that we can install the remote ID without having to purchase a moduleI
It's very likely. Still some technical issues to work out, but likely. Probably just their newer drones.

Reactions: dronerdave
Reactions: Vic Moss
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini