DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone owner

Hi Craig - Welcome to the Forum ... Treat your 'Mavic Air' as a sophisticated piece of electronics on an Unmanned aircraft, and you'll get a lot more fun out of it than it being a mere toy ... ;) Have fun and fly safe ...

Reactions: buddb55
Hi Craig - Welcome to the Forum ... Treat your 'Mavic Air' as a sophisticated piece of electronics on an Unmanned aircraft, and you'll get a lot more fun out of it than it being a mere toy ... ;) Have fun and fly safe ...
Thanks. I'm in construction and I tend to refer to the tools I like as "toys."
I bought this drone specifically because it wasn't just a toy. I may actually need it for work at some point. (Then I can write it off.)

Thanks. I'm in construction and I tend to refer to the tools I like as "toys."
I bought this drone specifically because it wasn't just a toy. I may actually need it for work at some point. (Then I can write it off.)
With all the posts on the forum about Gatwick drones going on, you can appreciate that referring to drones as 'toys' probably isn't the best idea at the moment :D
You also need to be aware that depending on where you are in the world, you might need a Commercial grade license to use the Drone in your construction work!

With all the posts on the forum about Gatwick drones going on, you can appreciate that referring to drones as 'toys' probably isn't the best idea at the moment :D
You also need to be aware that depending on where you are in the world, you might need a Commercial grade license to use the Drone in your construction work!
I just got here, literally seconds ago, so I have no idea what's going on in the forum. But I will keep that in mind, thanks. From what I read though, this was a commercial drone interfering with aviation.

Reactions: Craig Weiler
Costco started selling the Mavic Air. The deal was too good to pass up. I now have a new toy!:cool:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I will, thanks. This has already been an adventure. i had to build my own phone mount for the controller so that I can keep my phone in its lifeproof case. It didn't come with a cable to attach the drone to the computer and nothing we had laying around worked. It's all minor stuff and will get sorted out.

And I've been discovering that there is no substitute for training time flying the drone so that I get used to operating it. fortunately I have a good field within walking distance.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I will, thanks. This has already been an adventure. i had to build my own phone mount for the controller so that I can keep my phone in its lifeproof case. It didn't come with a cable to attach the drone to the computer and nothing we had laying around worked. It's all minor stuff and will get sorted out.

And I've been discovering that there is no substitute for training time flying the drone so that I get used to operating it. fortunately I have a good field within walking distance.
You shouldn't really need a cable to attach the drone to your computer - as that's really only needed if you were wanting to download your recorded video & photos without popping the SD card. You should be able to do all from the Go 4 app' connected to your RC controller.

You shouldn't really need a cable to attach the drone to your computer - as that's really only needed if you were wanting to download your recorded video & photos without popping the SD card. You should be able to do all from the Go 4 app' connected to your RC controller.
I just tried that. The software wants to blend all of my footage together and make a show of it. I'm not thrilled with that approach. I prefer to just grab my files. I've done film editing and I like that software much better.

I just tried that. The software wants to blend all of my footage together and make a show of it. I'm not thrilled with that approach. I prefer to just grab my files. I've done film editing and I like that software much better.
You may be just looking at the tab that says Create (assuming your in DJI GO 4). If you’ll tap “Album” you’ll see your individual files.

Attachments

• 1C912679-489F-422C-81F9-9850424F2151.png
    1C912679-489F-422C-81F9-9850424F2151.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 2
You may be just looking at the tab that says Create (assuming your in DJI GO 4). If you’ll tap “Album” you’ll see your individual files.
I just found it. Thanks, that's helpful. Now it's just a matter of file transferring.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh