DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware makes live feed super slow!

661Films

Reactions
Hey everyone i just updated my Mavic to the latest version DJI put out and it is making my live video feed on my phone (iphone 6 plus) super slow and laggy when i try to record. However when i am not recording it streams just fine and there are no problems, but as soon as i tap the record button it starts to freeze up and its super hard to get the shot i need. Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem? Have any of you had the same problem as me? I have done two flights in different areas thinking it could be signal interference but it was the same. And another thing when i pull the SD card out and put it in the computer to edit it the video is perfectly smooth. So i know the camera is not the problem. Also with both my flights i have had full signal from the remote and satellites. Any ideas?

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try:
  • Restart your iPhone 6 Plus
  • Reinstall DJI GO 4
  • Format the memory card
  • Use a different memory card

I had the same problem. Video stream was fine until I did the firmware upgrade, and now it lags and in some cases goes black.

I had the same problem. Video stream was fine until I did the firmware upgrade, and now it lags and in some cases goes black.
Finally got through to dji after being on hold for an hour :/ but what they said to do was to try a different cable that connects from your phone to the remote and if that does not work than factory reset the drone and RC. I just did a flight about 5 minutes ago with my regular charging cable for my phone and it worked perfect!! Super pumped that it is fixed and that i got some sick sunset shots!!

Finally got through to dji after being on hold for an hour :/ but what they said to do was to try a different cable that connects from your phone to the remote and if that does not work than factory reset the drone and RC. I just did a flight about 5 minutes ago with my regular charging cable for my phone and it worked perfect!! Super pumped that it is fixed and that i got some sick sunset shots!!
Sorry buddy so the issue was with the DJI RC original cable? So a cable issue not a FW issue right?

Sorry buddy so the issue was with the DJI RC original cable? So a cable issue not a FW issue right?

It seems like it! And hopefully it just a cable problem! I'm going to be filming this weekend so I'll update you all if it still bad with the new cable. But the last flight I tried it with here was no problems at all!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre