DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Downloaded .600 today.Test flight tomorrow but after all the bad reviews on here kinda nervous...flew on .550 perfectly.

This is just as expected, a complete ***********. I'm already back to.400 after alleged suicide attempt made by my mavic this morning. Everything was fine in at least 2 hours of flight the last few days... And then this morning.... Drifted almost into the eternity.

Being a dji customer is like having a alcoholic father. One who doesn't even recognize he has a problem... One who doesn't knock, but breaks down the door when coming in. And leaves us in emotional mess, but from time to time gives us hope by showing his best, just to fail us again and leave even deeper scars than before.

Hopefully I don't jinx myself but after four batteries flown no issues. I plan on doing several more flights this week I will report the good or the bad later in the week.

before I decide to downgrade I'll try and get a few flights in this week to see if the gimbal issue is still there.

I updated to version 600 last Wednesday, and it did not take off because it in NFZ , I am more than 20 miles away from near airport, I return to version 400 and I can fly. I think this version has a big bug

With every update there is the usual it don't do this or it's now doing that.

Reality is it takes months to know what fw is the most stable.

What I would always advise is people updated fully check every setting and reset camera settings then fly it 10 times minimum, you can not really budge issues from one flight, people will always say I have less range or it does not fly the same but after a few days these things usually fall away.

I have flown this fw a lot and I have not found an issue with it.
Mad, no doubt what you say is true. I was heading over to an Easter Egg Hunt and I wanted to put the MP up high and from the side over private family property, and film the whole hunt from above. Which I did do successfully. Because the 0.600 firmware on my MP at the time was not giving me the confidence I wanted and needed, I rolled it back.

I'm sure in the end, all will prove to be OK with the 0.600 firmware, and it seems like your results MadAngler are consistent with all being OK. I did only fly it three full flights this morning before rolling back, not the 10 times you suggest, checking all the settings, I simply didn't have time with the Holiday and such.

So no real "judgement" from me on 0.600 yet, I just needed to roll back to something I knew worked well for sure, and so I did. Again, everyone's circumstances are different, and I don't know much about this technology, so I'm no expert for sure. I will say though that Your Mileage May Vary YMMV.

Happy Easter Everybody,
Trey in Houston

I tell you, I'm at the beach for a few weeks with the Mavic Pro for the first time, and after reading the first 10 pages here before going, there is no way I'm upgrading the firmware. I'm on the previous version with no issues. Gonna keep it that way for April at least....if not through May.....

Yes, now that I am on .0550 it is back to normal. No issues.
What was your tilt balance issue? Just curious.... I never noticed my camera not being leveled until I went to 0600. I did hours of flying on prior firmware and never noticed any issue. After I upgraded to 0600 I noticed my camera level was off. Checking Gimball Roll Settings and it showed -0.1 which I assume was factory setting because I never touched this since I've owned it.

I then downgraded back to 0400. I did a IMU and Compass calibration along with a gimball calibration because I noticed the camera still not level properly.
So I still have this issue. I made adjustment on a leveled floor and noticed I had to set the settings at -0.4 to have it leveled perfectly. I have not tried going back to 0500 or 0550 since there were issues mentioned. So curious.... is this normal to have to adjust the gimbal roll ? Never had to do this before. My Mavic has never been crashed nor have I done anything to it to cause it to be out of line.

Thanks,
Mike

I played with it today. If you go into sport mode first then hit top speed before hitting c1 it will hold at about 40mph!! Its kinda fun!!!

I guess this Fixed Wing mode - if truly released - is the Easter present from DJI :) Looking forward to more cinematic moves! Should help us focusing on smooth gimbal movements while automatically forward flying.
No gimbal function in this mode!!

UPDATE.....

OK this is extremely odd and I can't figure out. Since I posted this comment earlier I took snap shot with gimball setting when I went back to 0400 firmware.

e0db8149d635fdeda63f996bc3a21af7.jpg

Sooo.... I decided to go back to 0600 firmware again. Keep in mind 0600 firmware had this exact problem which I though originated from it. Well I re-calibrated IMU, Compass and Gimbal. I also set gimbal to 0.0 before going back to 0600.

Now I have on 0600 the gimbal at 0.0 and it's level.

5e74b4457d02547f324c737e147cefcc.jpg

One thing I do notice that I had when upgrading first time to 0600 and when I went back to 0400 was that my firmware was hanging sometimes during upgrade/downgrade and I had to shut down DJI Assistant 2.0 and Mavic. I then realized there is an update to Assistant 2.0 that u was not aware of. I updated assistant to the latest version... 1.1.0-2.

When I updated back to 0600 this last time my firmware installed 0600 perfectly on Mavic and RC with no hang ups and my gimbal was perfectly level.

Just wanted to share hoping it well help others. My issue is resolved for now.... I'm wondering if those experiencing issues had hang ups with firmware updates which may have caused this... I don't know... but that is the only thing I can figure out.

I did the same exact steps including IMU, COMPASS and GIMBAL Calibrations when I upgraded to 0600 the first time then back down to 0400 and then before going back to 0600 uninstalled old DJI Assistant 2.0 and then installed new version and then proceeded to upgrade firmware to 0600. Not sure if this has anything to do with it by not having those hangups but it fixed it.

Mike

Last edited:
I wonder what the posts will be like when the music stops and chair number 4 is gone!

Rob

First flight after upgrading copter & controller & app to latest version; no problems to report. Fixed wing worked well, but what really surprised me was how fast it now ascends & descends! Faster then it did in sport mode.
RTH was off by 2 ft with 17 sats & precision landing; but only 1 landing so inconclusive.
No problems with hovering, very stable.
No gimbal problems.
I get the NFZ limit now till the sats appear, then all good so far.

Downloaded .600 last night but this morning thought I would go back to .550 as it flew perfect.
All went well.Aircraft and controller back on .550 but app is still on 4.0.7.....is this right and ok to fly with ?

This is the first time I am not going to upgrade. I'll wait for things to cool off a bit, I'm sure the next FW update will be out in a week or two anyway.

I am flying .600 with ios 4.0.6. I haven't updated to 4.0.7 yet. As a result, I don't have access to "find my drone" or "fixed wing". I have flown with .600/4.0.6 with no problems (albeit only out once). I am concerned about updating to 4.0.7 since it may restrict my flights if near a no-fly zone.

I have 2 questions:
1) I have not updated through DJI Assistant, but have done through wifi. If I update to 4.0.7 and find problems, can I go back to 4.0.6 without using Assistant?
2) does turning OFF the geo button eliminate the checking of NFZ's?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming