DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

As detailed as the DJI update list is, I don't think they included everything. Or, just some things changed that they may or may not be aware of. One of these things is the gimble pitch speed. The adjustment slider in the settings is different in .0600 than in .0500. The same setting I had in .0500 is now much more sluggish in .0600. I think this .0600 update requires almost every slider to be readjusted to new levels from previous FW versions. Anybody else experiencing these results?

Here is my setting in .0600
9d20690cb51bb50458720d21e885c218.jpg

Why not switch the geo feature off?

Well now that FIND MY DRONE is on the options would be nice to have GEOS on to get last known location incase it would help recovering a lost drone. May not always be the case but if it can help.... That is something to keep in mind.

Mike

Reactions: Bintryin
So frustrating. Just now got it downgraded to .400 on both controller and quad. I tried for several hours to get .600 to work and it never did in the quad. Worked first time on the controller.

The one thing I noticed is with DJI Assistant 2, it kept downloading .550 everyone I clicked on upgrade to .600

Well now that FIND MY DRONE is on the options would be nice to have GEOS on to get last known location incase it would help recovering a lost drone. May not always be the case but if it can help.... That is something to keep in mind.

Mike
How do you use the "Find My Drone" feature.....I didn't see any mention of it in the latest users manual?

So frustrating. Just now got it downgraded to .400 on both controller and quad. I tried for several hours to get .600 to work and it never did in the quad. Worked first time on the controller.

The one thing I noticed is with DJI Assistant 2, it kept downloading .550 everyone I clicked on upgrade to .600

I think I had the same problem, I tried to update to 600 firstly using my iPhone, that kept failing so I then tried using my Macintosh and likewise no luck so like you I tried to revert back to 550 but Assistant kept up trying to install 600. In desperation I then used my iPad to download a complexly new 600 version using cellular data rather than wifi. Surprise surprise, it worked first time and 600 is working fine for me.

Those having problems with the upgrade check the manufacturing date of your mavic: DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder

We might see a pattern showing us that a certain manufacturing date range causes trouble indicating there might be some hardware revision with problems.

Mine was manufactured on February 28th 2017 and never had any problems. Upgrades go smooth, it flies well.

Adding the manufacturing date to your signature might also be a good idea so others can see when eventual trouble drones were built.

I did the update and everything went smoothly, i still have to go fly it however i wanted to try the new "wing mode" in the simulator however i dont think its working it doesnt do anything when i hit C1 the drone just stops.

Reactions: D700
Seems the new wind mode, simulates the Mavic with the moves of a normal airplane.
Using the goggles with that new mode must be big fun.

Ok so i tried downgrading to .550 and it hung at 86% both times I tried it. Mavic is also not being detected by assistant now either. Checked the version from the app and it says 550 so I took it out for a quick test and it is the same if not slightly worse, to the point where I was nervous flying it. If i tried to correct a drift the moment i release the sticks it quickly moves back to where it was when i started the correction.

All three batteries are under 50% now so I will try downgrading to .400 in the morning. .500 is not available to me which last stable version I used.

Sounds like your IMU needs calibrating.

Just updated to .600 without any issues. I updated through DJI Assistant on my PC. RC took about 5min to update as expected, Mavic took about 8 minutes to update. There were no prolonged stops on any percentage of installation.

Quick (60% of battery) fly test showed no terrible errors, but I had to re-set all my settings as they were gone. Hover was steady and at height of 30m I had some wind warnings but since it blows at 19km/h it was expected. There were no weird glitches with gimball.
Only new thing I've noticed was blinking of video signal strength, It was full but all the time it kept slowly blinking. If anyone know what that is supposed to mean, please share.

And according to serial decoder my Mavic was build March, 7th 2017

Those having problems with the upgrade check the manufacturing date of your mavic: DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder

We might see a pattern showing us that a certain manufacturing date range causes trouble indicating there might be some hardware revision with problems.

Mine was manufactured on February 28th 2017 and never had any problems. Upgrades go smooth, it flies well.

Adding the manufacturing date to your signature might also be a good idea so others can see when eventual trouble drones were built.
Mine was manufactured on Wednesday, March, 1st 2017

Sounds like your IMU needs calibrating.
Tried re-calibrating the IMU twice last night and then again first thing this morning and no change.

Mine was manufactured on Wednesday, March, 1st 2017

Tried re-calibrating the IMU twice last night and then again first thing this morning and no change.

100% flat surface?

I will get to try mine later on on new FW.

100% flat surface?

I will get to try mine later on on new FW.
Yes in my front garden at about 2m altitude for all tests. It would drop down to .5m (it landed once) this morning it went up to 3m. Its all over the place. In the middle of a .400 downgrade now to confirm whether this is a firmware issue or something I have done wrong.

I meant the IMU calibration.

Also check your RC monitoring.

Updated from .400 to .600 using DJI Assistant (PC) with no problems.

When I hooked up the controller via DJI Go 4 (iOS) and it wanted to update both software and the drone. Just let it do it and again all updated without issue.

First test Flight noticed gimbals initialisation took longer but noticed to tilted horizon problems even when flying sideways quickly (which I was seeing before). Too early to say if my tilting horizon is fixed but early signs are good.

No wind so bird was rock steady in hover and flew just fine.

Tried both Orbit and Focus modes in Litchi and happy to report that these worked just fine, nothing unexpected and very smooth video. Great to have these modes back.

I did see a couple of gimbal "twitches" but the sun was low and these might have been just false obstacle avoidances calls - need to fly more to investigate.

Otherwise all was good - find my drone even showed the last landing location before the upgrade.

I hope to try Autopilot later as well.

Reactions: Baronerosso
Updated from .400 to .600 using DJI Assistant (PC) with no problems.

When I hooked up the controller via DJI Go 4 (iOS) and it wanted to update both software and the drone. Just let it do it and again all updated without issue.

First test Flight noticed gimbals initialisation took longer but noticed to tilted horizon problems even when flying sideways quickly (which I was seeing before). Too early to say if my tilting horizon is fixed but early signs are good.

No wind so bird was rock steady in hover and flew just fine.

Tried both Orbit and Focus modes in Litchi and happy to report that these worked just fine, nothing unexpected and very smooth video. Great to have these modes back.

I did see a couple of gimbal "twitches" but the sun was low and these might have been just false obstacle avoidances calls - need to fly more to investigate.

Otherwise all was good - find my drone even showed the last landing location before the upgrade.

I hope to try Autopilot later as well.
I also observed some abnormal gimbal moves, especially on instant breaking.
Doesn't bother me...

Very little or not horizon tilt when yawing the AC now. Also, when I am at the 1.5ft hover before landing, I can pull the left stick down to start auto land, then abort the landing with full up on the stick. Even with Landing Protection turned on.

I just tried it. It's pretty cool. It's basically cruse control for the bird.
Works great but it overrides your pre-programed C1 and C2 buttons as those are the on off buttons for cruse control (fixed-wing mode).
I'm super used to the functions I have programmed to those buttons, so now if I want to have fixed wing mode enabled, I'll have to get used to no longer having those buttons available. But you can disable the mode in the settings so that's nice.
I imagine the distance flyers will enjoy this feature as you can rest your hands wile it flies in a straight line.

A few more notes about the update that I have noticed:

DONT FORGET TO CHECK ALL YOUR SETTINGS AFTER UPDATE !!!

1-(good) The MP has always had a horizon tilt issue ever since I got it. And I know I'm not the only one as almost every Mavic pro YouTube video has this issue. Holding down C2 and moving the shutter speed wheel is a quick way to correct the horizon during flight however it's a pain in the butt to have to do this so often.
After the recent update, this horizon tilt issue seems to be like 1000% better. HELLS YEAH!

2-(Bad) I went up for 4 flights this afternoon and twice I had a really strange gimbal problem. I was about 12mins into a straight like flight in tripod mode preforming a hyper-lapse when the gimbal just started twitching and moving at random completely ruining the shot. At first I thought the drone was free falling from the sky.
The gimbal wheel was non responsive until I aborted tripod mode by flicking it into Sport mode and flew her back home safety.
That sketched me out hard. It actually happened again on the next flight!!
Clearly something's is funky with the gimbal on my MP, but I have never had any such behavior happen up until now. I blame the update.

3-(Good) Find my drone feature is super Dope!
Hope I never need to use it but it's nice that it's there. Love that you can get driving direction to it and everything.

4-(Good) this update fixed issues with a number of flight modes in the Litchi App.
Now all flight modes are working again!!

5-(Bad) I was testing out the DJI ND filters that finally arrived today. Took 2 months!!
Anyways I flew a waypoint mission 4 times and it's RTH spot was inconsistently off every time.
For the most part, RTH had never been off by more then a couple inches a foot at most.
All four RTH attempts were off by several feet. Probably more then 10 feet at worst.
This could be from the new update...

Last but not least,
6-(Really Bad) the battery life on my iPhone 7 was terrible today... What gives!!!! Normally I can fly all 5 of my battery's on a single charge with like 35% to spare.
Today I only got through 3 battery's before my phone gave me the 20% warning. (Started at 100%, no background apps running and in "do not disturbed mode")
I flew one more half battery to finish up the shot I was trying to get but I was not happy about having a dead phone when I was done!!
Is the app using more battery?

Regarding your RTH accuracy issue in 5- Check to see that precision landing is still enabled. That is one of the things that updating turns off on mine. Thanks for the report. I'm going to try fixed wing mode today.

Just updated to .600 without any issues. I updated through DJI Assistant on my PC. RC took about 5min to update as expected, Mavic took about 8 minutes to update. There were no prolonged stops on any percentage of installation.

Quick (60% of battery) fly test showed no terrible errors, but I had to re-set all my settings as they were gone. Hover was steady and at height of 30m I had some wind warnings but since it blows at 19km/h it was expected. There were no weird glitches with gimball.
Only new thing I've noticed was blinking of video signal strength, It was full but all the time it kept slowly blinking. If anyone know what that is supposed to mean, please share.

And according to serial decoder my Mavic was build March, 7th 2017

The blinking means there is interference detected. The RC signal can do the same. Normal behavior and not related to this update, it was always there.

Reactions: Mjonesy758
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan