Iceman5000

Reactions
Mavic Pro Release Notes

Date : 2016.12.26
Firmware : v01.03.0200
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.2
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.1

What’s New?

1. Improved gimbal performance when flying in low temperatures.
2. Added Cinematic Mode for smoother the footage.

When you fire up your Mavic and it shows you a new firmware is available you don't have a choice but to install it or stay grounded?

Reactions: GetDatMoney
I'm installing it as I type this, then taking it for a test flight to see if it fixes my gimbal 'twitch' issue

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I just saw this update also.

For smoother the footage. Take off every 'ZIG' for great justice!

No you can choose to ignore it and install later - I don not recommend this however.

Honestly, manually deciding if/when you want to install new firmware is the far better option. Take the time to review release notes, let other people be a test subject, and adopt the update when you think other people have proven it has value to you. If your current firmware has no issues, don't feel like you must update. Updates can remove features (Art graded video?) or break things for some system combinations they didn't test. This world of daily-updates-to-fight-viruses on your PC has made us complacent to the idea of blindly updating working systems on which you depend.

Does anyone else see google maps when it reboots?
Trouble is that happened last time for me too but when started properly later Here was back.
Still no Art mode, I think they removed it for good.

This firmware fixed the jumpy/twitchy movement when yawing for me.
The horizon still isn't stable though, but fine. I'll set it based on a clear horizon and then after flying around (nothing aggressive at all) it's out again, a fair bit! But much better than the previous jumpiness so I'll live with that.
Time to fly around a bit and not have to keep having to troubleshoot DJI issues!
This is after doing all the calibrations after the firmware update. But even before doing that I could just see the jumpiness was fixed by picking the Mavic up and yawing by hand.

Mine also got stuck on 73%. I rebooted everything and it told me update failed. I retried and worked fine the 2nd time.

Same here for me. Stalled at 73 % so shut everything down and restarted. All done on second attempt and just flown great for first flight.

Reactions: Nigel Walsh
The stalling at 73% seems to be common. Me too. I restarted and the controller then said 23%, I went and got a coffee downstairs and when I came back 3 minutes later is said done and done. A bit worrisome ! but worked out.

Last edited:
I made today all calibrations with gimbal, because again after some flight lost gimbal horizon. After I made all calibrations I got message about new firmware. I have updated and made some tests. After horizon it looked OK. If you fly in sport mode than after that horizon not leveled, but after some seconds it become OK if you hovering. Will take some more flights to test it

Sent from my SM-N910C using MavicPilots mobile app

When you fire up your Mavic and it shows you a new firmware is available you don't have a choice but to install it or stay grounded?
Not true. You have a choice weather to upgrade or not.
Only if it is a critical update for flight or batteries, would this be the case.

Was hoping would fix compass error and gimbal warning about movement limit reached. But nope. Hopefully next firmware then!

Compass error is not a function of firmware but rather a calibration problem or a malfunction.

The gimbal limit reached warning is either a true report (i.e a first series PolarPro installed) or a gimbal malfunction.

You should make sure that neither calibration or true reports from the gimbal are what's going on and, if the reports persist, start a support ticket.

In any case, since most users, including myself, don't have the issues you mentioned, you shouldn't be counting on FW updates to solve your incidences.

MK

How long did the install take? mines stuck on 73% for about 15 mins....
mine exactly the same, how long did you leave it before you pulled the plug. and did you need to do the drone and the controller or just the drone?

Just rebooted and now upgraded all fine on 2nd Attempt!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan