DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic, is something wrong?

It's your device my LG G3 couldn't connect.. My Nexus 10 did but it lagged way too much and lost connection.. I bought a cheap tablet on Amazon for $50 it connect fine, but was a tad laggy.. ended up getting a K1 Shield ($200) and it worked flawlessly.. You could try to see if Litchi runs better on your Note..

It's your device my LG G3 couldn't connect.. My Nexus 10 did but it lagged way too much and lost connection.. I bought a cheap tablet on Amazon for $50 it connect fine, but was a tad laggy.. ended up getting a K1 Shield ($200) and it worked flawlessly.. You could try to see if Litchi runs better on your Note..

The device is what seems to be the common denominator on all the threads I read and I really hope it's the problem. I couldn't bring my other phone to Mexico so I had to bring my old phone. At home with my new phone I only had 1 flight but had pixelated video and the app still showed zero bars for the remote signal which is doing the same on this one. Should I not worry about what the app is saying and just go by the signals on the controller? I may just say F it when I get home and buy a new iPad 4 mini and hope that solves all my problems.

I would just fly it and try to keep it in sight.. also to keep your confidence up test out the RTH function on the controller.. if that works your fail safe should give you some needed relief.. As for the getting iPad Mini 4, people on the forum like them.. I have a K1 Shield and as long as you keep it on the Android 6.0 OS it's rock solid..

I would just fly it and try to keep it in sight.. also to keep your confidence up test out the RTH function on the controller.. if that works your fail safe should give you some needed relief.. As for the getting iPad Mini 4, people on the forum like them.. I have a K1 Shield and as long as you keep it on the Android 6.0 OS it's rock solid..

Thanks for your input @zimode. How does the display on the K1 compare to retina?

Don't own a iPad, but like all displays in extremely bright sunlight you're going to struggle a bit. I'm probably going to fashion some kind of sun shade in the future.. the display is 8-inch 1920x1200 LCD

As for your video, and signal display I have had similar situations. I have an older Android device and the following seems to make a big difference. Make sure your wifi is off, airplane mode is on and no apps are running in the background. I.E. make sure your device is clean and dedicated to the Go4 only. My pixallation and display problems seemed to be coming from an overtaxed device, and disappeared when I cleaned up the device.
I too have an older android, I don't lose signal ever but a lot of FPV issues. None with my daughters new iPhone (yep kid has the new phone) I discovered by using 2 different devices & platforms the only "Mavic" issues are either my own fault or the added device / phone

I have had the same problems .I am using the G4s. Robert was it you that said your running a G4s if so any of your settings that would help me would be helpful
Which setting are you referring to?

Any setting on the phone that would help make things run smoothly
What works for me is:
WiFi OFF, Location (GPS) OFF, Airplane mode ON, all apps and notifications cleared, Video cache cleared.

What works for me is:
WiFi OFF, Location (GPS) OFF, Airplane mode ON, all apps and notifications cleared, Video cache cleared.

Ok so I got back home and fired up my Mav with my Note 7. Turned off wifi, BT, and put it in airplane mode. Wasn't sure if location services needed to be on for GPS to work so I left it enabled. I cleared all my notifications and apps in RAM and also cleared video cache. The phone never dropped signal or remote signal but I only went about 800 feet distance and 220ft altitude. The video is still a little pixelated on my phone but not on the SD card.

It's almost 90 degrees here in SoCal so I went back in the house until it cools off. Hoping that does the trick! I will report back when I go back out. Big big thank you to all who helped. Proud to be a member of a forum where people help instead of talking sh@t.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
What works for me is:
Thanks Robert I well do that and as soon as we get some flying weather I well try it out thanks again to all for the help

If am flying in a LG g3 32GB with 3GB of ram and android 6.0 marshmallow , airplane mode on, no wi fi, no caching and I have no issues at all. Frame rate is amazing, no connectivity issues. I clear all apps and only use Go4 when flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun