DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic old controller

PeteS2017

Reactions
My Mavic recently came to grief and I'm getting a new one. I will be able to get a good deal by buying the new one with a controller, so I was thinking of using it with the controller I already have and selling the new controller.

I'm wondering, though, whether it will be straightforward to pair the new Mavic with the old controller. Will I have to register afresh? Does the registration relate to the controller, the Mavic, or both?

I'd appreciate any advice here.

@msinger After watching the video, I'm confused about which is connecting to which (ie controller finding mavic signal or vice versa). As an example: Is it possible to have one controller that can control two mavics (not simultaneously), but at a time. ie Fly one mavic, then fly the other one, but use the same controller in both cases? Thanks.

You can pair 2 remotes to a mavic, but a given remote needs to be paired again if you want to use it with another mavic.

Which is a 10sec procedure, so it's not like it was a problem to pair everytime you change aircraft.

Reactions: Mred32
Is it possible to have one controller that can control two mavics (not simultaneously), but at a time.
No. A remote controller can only be paired to one Mavic at a time. If you want to fly a different Mavic, you must repair the remote controller.

Last edited:
ah, i was literally making a thread with this same title. and it popped up while i was doing so.

ok. so i just lost another one. and i got an alpine mavic now, but i want to keep the controller new so i can sell it when i return from my trip .. i must say i may have the ugliest mavic with the white body and regular grey batteries. lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard