DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic owner in Henderson, NV

BoydDroid

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I got my Mavic a week ago today. It was a big decision, maybe I should say indecision as I was torn between the Mavic and Spark. I reordered the Spark then cancelled it and ordered a Mavic. I got a toy drone last Christmas but it is nearly impossible to fly as it wants to do what it wants and not what I want.

I've already had my first run in with the law. Saturday I was flying in my back yard and hovering over my house (I went nowhere else) and my busy body neighbor behind me assumed he was being spyed on called the police. He could hear it but not see it, I heard him say. I was unaware making a drone noise was illegal. But the officer was cool, we talked about drones for 15 minutes and left without threatening me.

Happy to be here.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Hello everyone,

I got my Mavic a week ago today. It was a big decision, maybe I should say indecision as I was torn between the Mavic and Spark. I reordered the Spark then cancelled it and ordered a Mavic. I got a toy drone last Christmas but it is nearly impossible to fly as it wants to do what it wants and not what I want.

I've already had my first run in with the law. Saturday I was flying in my back yard and hovering over my house (I went nowhere else) and my busy body neighbor behind me assumed he was being spyed on called the police. He could hear it but not see it, I heard him say. I was unaware making a drone noise was illegal. But the officer was cool, we talked about drones for 15 minutes and left without threatening me.

Happy to be here.
Howdy from Wyoming BoydDroid, welcome to the community. Plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to MavicPilots. You’ve come to the right place if you are seeking advice, chat, buying or selling you drone, or simply just to say hello. If you need any parts, supplies, or repairs, Im here to help.

Hello everyone,

Happy to be here.

I spent 10 days in Henderson this winter and the nearest place I could find to "legally" fly my MAvic was out past the Boulder City airport toward Parumph, even there you are close to a solar power plant and get warnings.

I spent 10 days in Henderson this winter and the nearest place I could find to "legally" fly my MAvic was out past the Boulder City airport toward Parumph, even there you are close to a solar power plant and get warnings.

Where my house is you can fly, just not in my own back yard or the police show up. We are south of Vegas a bit but far enough from Boulder City so there aren't any restrictions. But we still get warnings. Planes from McCarren travel almost directly overhead but they're much higher than 400 ft. Boulder City is building a drone park somewhere but details are a bit sketchy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78