DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro 2 pilot

Alaska Rose

Reactions
Hello from Alaska! I am a newb when it comes to flying drones. SO much to learn! It's kinda overwhelming. I spent my first week learning how to go forwards, backwards, up.....and down. Not an easy thing to master! For over a week all I could do was take photo's before I finally learned how to do video. Well, sort of learned anyway. I'm sure some of you were able to take your drone out of the box and fly like a pro. I envy you a LOT! For me, it's one day at a time, practice! Practice! Practice!! I stumbled across this forum by accident and I am so happy that I did. There is so much information here! Anyway, I wanted to show of my first...sort of epic fail...photo that I took of the Copper River on the way to McCarthy, Alaska a couple of weeks ago. If any of you have suggestions on taking clean, crisp shots, I would apreciated it.

Attachments

• Copper River Valley.jpg
    Copper River Valley.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 57
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of AZ! Enjoy.
I liked your pic.., looking at the river it’s easy to see how it got it’s name. Thumbswayup

Hello from Alaska! I am a newb when it comes to flying drones. SO much to learn! It's kinda overwhelming. I spent my first week learning how to go forwards, backwards, up.....and down. Not an easy thing to master! For over a week all I could do was take photo's before I finally learned how to do video. Well, sort of learned anyway. I'm sure some of you were able to take your drone out of the box and fly like a pro. I envy you a LOT! For me, it's one day at a time, practice! Practice! Practice!! I stumbled across this forum by accident and I am so happy that I did. There is so much information here! Anyway, I wanted to show of my first...sort of epic fail...photo that I took of the Copper River on the way to McCarthy, Alaska a couple of weeks ago. If any of you have suggestions on taking clean, crisp shots, I would apreciated it.
you have the right approach @Alaska Rose the more you fly the better you will get,enjoy your new hobby

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum from Colorado Springs :D

Welcome from Canada.! All I can say is continue practicing and getting aquatinted with the regs and enjoy. You have a great drone that won’t let ya down. I fly a Mavic pro and love it, I’m in Ontario and have wrote my pilots licence and registered my drone so I have no issue with the laws here.
16df07a79b9f3fe7fa33ea995efa11cb.jpeg

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I'm also a new drone pilot with a Mavic 2 Pro. From all I've read, you need to learn how to take photos and videos in manual mode.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to MavicPilots.com @Alaska Rose! This is a great place to learn, grow, and share in your new hobby. Keep practicing your flying skills. Start recording video just before you takeoff and leave it on until you land. Watch your results and try to work on smooth cinematic movement with your Mavic. Once you get to the point where you are flying smoothly you can start concentrating on planning your shots more. Keep it safe, keep it legal, and most of all keep it fun!

Hi Alaska Rose, new M2P owner too. I'm amazed at this birds capabilities. Lots of great info here. I posted a lot here at first, newbie questions. I've found the search feature very helpful.

Steve LaBranche

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Welcome to the forums! I’m in south central Alaska as well. We have great places to fly for sure! I do some tutorials on YouTube and interact here as well. If you’re ever passing through the Anchorage area and want to meet for coffee and questions let me know. I’d be happy to help you learn to get the best pics and videos out of your drone!

Cheers

Jake

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_