DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic pro pilot near St. Louis

Echelon

Reactions
Hi, I'm a former P3 standard owner and just received my Mavic Pro today. After taking it on its first flight I have to say I'm impressed! Working in the tech field and having a strong background in wireless technology, ham radio etc I felt it would be a somewhat waste of time modding the P3 standard. I bought it to see if I would enjoy the hobby and felt it was the best bang for the buck at the time. I flew it for about a year and a half but always wanted better range and performance from it which is the reason I upgraded to the MP. On the first flight I took it well out of the range of my stock P3S, I only lost a bar on there RC and HD video and that was with some trees between myself and the MP. None of the glitchy video and disconnects I got with the P3S. Its fully what I expected but even with all the tech I work with on a daily basis this is a truly impressive machine, especially for its size. Its so small and portable I know I will be bringing it with me and flying it far more often than the P3. Looking forward to getting more flight time so I can play with all the new features. I have Litchi as well, it was nice having the added features for the P3, but i have not tried it with the MP yet. Other than WP missions I'm not sure its needed. Anyways, hello from Illinois, just outside of STL.

Scott

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello and welcome from Ontario Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

Hi, I'm a former P3 standard owner and just received my Mavic Pro today. After taking it on its first flight I have to say I'm impressed! Working in the tech field and having a strong background in wireless technology, ham radio etc I felt it would be a somewhat waste of time modding the P3 standard. I bought it to see if I would enjoy the hobby and felt it was the best bang for the buck at the time. I flew it for about a year and a half but always wanted better range and performance from it which is the reason I upgraded to the MP. On the first flight I took it well out of the range of my stock P3S, I only lost a bar on there RC and HD video and that was with some trees between myself and the MP. None of the glitchy video and disconnects I got with the P3S. Its fully what I expected but even with all the tech I work with on a daily basis this is a truly impressive machine, especially for its size. Its so small and portable I know I will be bringing it with me and flying it far more often than the P3. Looking forward to getting more flight time so I can play with all the new features. I have Litchi as well, it was nice having the added features for the P3, but i have not tried it with the MP yet. Other than WP missions I'm not sure its needed. Anyways, hello from Illinois, just outside of STL.

Scott
Howdy from Wyoming @Echelon , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA, Enjoy that Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic