DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member and pilot from central Florida

Thanks! Wasn't planning on getting another one for a while but when I see these videos of ocusync and how much further it really does go I just had to have it!
I am curious though of like what other companies and models are competitors for not only my air or 2 pro but for dji?

DJI makes an absolutely amazing product. There really was nothing like that first flight.
Is there an ocusync upgrade/solder wore on maybe kit for my air.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MA and have enjoyed many flights. You will find all sorts of support and suggestions. Enjoy your flying. We look forward to seeing your part of the world

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Recommend reading the full 70 page DJI for your M2. Get it and other good stuff here:

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Recommend reading the full 70 page DJI for your M2. Get it and other good stuff here:
I lived in AZ for 10 years. Moved here to Florida 5 years ago. I lived in Cave Creek and then Desert Mountain in N. Scottsdale if your familiar.
Also, thank you and thank you to Skywatcher2001 for the warm welcome. This forum is already great! Learning so much stuff but also the support from everyone seems incredible.

I actually did have a question come to mind pouring over the forum. I got my answer about converting my air to ocusync but my pro2 could really benefit from a higher vantage point antenna as well. Is the signal encrypted or could I construct a repeater or buy a WiFi repeater and modify it to install on my 100ft ham radio antenna tower?

I actually did have a question come to mind pouring over the forum. I got my answer about converting my air to ocusync but my pro2 could really benefit from a higher vantage point antenna as well. Is the signal encrypted or could I construct a repeater or buy a WiFi repeater and modify it to install on my 100ft ham radio antenna tower?
Likely just being on your roof would allow max possible range on the M2. Your idea might work, but remember that legally you need to maintain VLOS (visual line of sight) so you’d need an elevated place to operate from, and also should consider something like the Firehouse ARC XLs added to your drone... they are tested and certified to 3.5 miles visibility under optimal conditions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kento1328