DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Platinum Props Tested

At hover I can believe that, as you are not pushing motors; however at speed the platinum props are no longer efficient. It's a big difference. I'm still considering putting new ones on front, as the fronts are not working as hard.

Edit: I should add, my 4000 Multistars are a little heavier than your packs. I see with dual 3000s the new propellers are fine. I'm not sure where cross-over point is in efficiency vs weight.

Do you run your two 4000 Multistars one on top of the other?

Do you run your two 4000 Multistars one on top of the other?

I run mine either on sides or on the bottom. Didn't notice much difference in flight time/distance between sides or bottom placement. I can't run on top because my xt60 connectors are down low in the front next to gimbal/camera.

Reactions: cderoche
I run mine either on sides or on the bottom. Didn't notice much difference in flight time/distance between sides or bottom placement. I can't run on top because my xt60 connectors are down low in the front next to gimbal/camera.

Gotcha. I'm using the store bought battery adapter. I was afraid to mount a battery on the bottom because of the heat sink.

Gotcha. I'm using the store bought battery adapter. I was afraid to mount a battery on the bottom because of the heat sink.

Just leave room for airflow and it's fine. Might even cool better with airflow channeled between the battery and heat sink.

Reactions: cderoche
Just leave room for airflow and it's fine. Might even cool better with airflow channeled between the battery and heat sink.
Exactly, I put a little gap using 3 tiny parts of dual lock to hold position on edge of heatsink. I then use gaffers tape wrapped all the way around (copying DirtyBum) to secure batteries against the small dual lock patches.

Exactly, I put a little gap using 3 tiny parts of dual lock to hold position on edge of heatsink. I then use gaffers tape wrapped all the way around (copying DirtyBum) to secure batteries against the small dual lock patches.

What does the gaffers tape do? Is it just for securing the wires?

Hover comparison on a stock weight (750g) Mavic, platinum and then stock props. Platinum props use about 4W less power to hover and cut 600 front 400 rear rpms off which definitely changes the sound. ESC temps within 1 deg.

f1HFBEi.png

r6uJfma.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman