DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New "To the Mavic"

It records only to the iPad without an sd card

Quite right. Thanks. good to know.

Mine wouldn't work because I had turned off the caching to prevent the iPad from overheating. When it gets too hot, the video feed goes spastic and makes FPV impossible. Those stutters and glitches appear on the screen as well as in the cashed video. Haven't figured out how to prevent it except to turn off cashing which I rarely make any use of anyway.

Your iPad ever get overheated?

Well first flight done and oh my gosh that was fun. Managed to make a short video and take a couple of still shots. One thing I learned is I need more batteries!
Stayed in beginner mode and plan to do so for awhile yet. Felt comfortable at the altitude and distance limits in beginner mode. Used auto take off and land and also manually for both to get a feel for those features. Much more learning to come.
Going to the AMA show next month hoping to pick up a few accessories and more batteries. :)

Yeah, I've seen alot of talk about it (crystalsky) and looked it up. Is there much difference in quality from an i product??? My ipad is working flawlessly so......
Personally I think the quality is far superior and the brightness of the screen is great you do not need a sun visor even on really bright days – that said if you are happy with the ipad then the extra cost would be down to how much you want a dedicated monitor!

no problem. I've done it before (when I first started with forums) and was torn apart for it! Just go to "Home" and look for general discussion or "welcome new members". Once you get in there look for a tab that says "start new topic or thread", not that hard. I've been flying a P4 for two years now, and joined this forum yesterday and these guys have been great helping me with my new mavic. You'll be fine!
Thanks Man...

I've had my Mavic since July and always fly with android with no problem. Currently using a Note8
I get my Mavic tomorrow and I have the Note 8. Can't wait to try it out. How's the battery life on your note 8 while flying?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki