DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newegg Mavic Pro in stock

12/09 still in order verification as well

in looking back Wednesday seems to be the day most got shipping notifications. Looks like no for this week? maybe next Wednesday i hope some will get notifications. I did get a email from them yesterday saying they were confident they would make the 1/5 promised ship date they gave me

12/09 still in order verification as well

in looking back Wednesday seems to be the day most got shipping notifications. Looks like no for this week? maybe next Wednesday i hope some will get notifications. I did get a email from them yesterday saying they were confident they would make the 1/5 promised ship date they gave me

I had a 12/8 order that had a 1/5 delivery date also but I cancelled because I caught the Best Buy stock. My status is still "order verification" even though I cancelled a few days ago! Looking at newegg's recent pattern, I was worried that they couldn't meet the 1/5 delivery date. Hopefully enough of us former newegg order guys cancelled and that moves current people up in line.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just a word of warning about ordering from Newegg. If there is even a minor issue with your order, payment, or shipping, it is nearly impossible to speak to anyone about the issue. There is literally no communication between Newegg and DJI other than the email already addressed in this thread. You are able to send one email and get one very basic, usually very demeaning response from China in the middle of the night. Then you have to start the process over again the next day. Newegg customer service doesn't even have a working number for DJI North America. As I said before my order was at my local shipping center and mysteriously called back by DJI before being delivered. My CC had been charged and everything. Newegg said it was DJI's fault. DJI said it was Neweggs. No one can give me any answers and now they are telling me it is going to be Jan 13th before they can send me another Flymore.
Buyer beware, they may have been quicker before, but now that apple and Best Buy are flowing, newegg may not be worth the trouble.

Reactions: witnessthefunk
Just a word of warning about ordering from Newegg. If there is even a minor issue with your order, payment, or shipping, it is nearly impossible to speak to anyone about the issue. There is literally no communication between Newegg and DJI other than the email already addressed in this thread. You are able to send one email and get one very basic, usually very demeaning response from China in the middle of the night. Then you have to start the process over again the next day. Newegg customer service doesn't even have a working number for DJI North America. As I said before my order was at my local shipping center and mysteriously called back by DJI before being delivered. My CC had been charged and everything. Newegg said it was DJI's fault. DJI said it was Neweggs. No one can give me any answers and now they are telling me it is going to be Jan 13th before they can send me another Flymore.
Buyer beware, they may have been quicker before, but now that apple and Best Buy are flowing, newegg may not be worth the trouble.

This is the email I got from DJI store last night for my 12/3 order with a 1/1 shipping date.

This is a preorder.

We expect to ship out Mavic orders near 3rd January, 2017. It has been advised on our store page.

We will arrange shipment as soon as possible. Your patience is highly appreciated.

They have slowed down shipments.

Unfortunately mine was a 12/2 order that was practically on my doorstep and is now probably on its way to someone else.

Newegg said it was a miscommunication between Newegg and DJI. Newegg has tried to help fix the issue, but good communication with DJI is basically non-existent outside of an email to DJI's newegg contact. The three emails that have been sent have been responded to with a sharp remark from DJI. When Newegg first contacted DJI with and bail about the issue, DJI replied back with "has the customer placed another order?" The second email was replied with "the customer can place another order that will be scheduled to ship on Jan 13th".

Hoping i do not run into issues. Could be worse. Amazon Prime has shipped out ZERO. had a Oct 4th order up till last week. Called and called all they told me was what i could see on my screen. They would not look into why other companies were shipping and they have shipped Zero for over two months. Amazon would not return email and the same with spending hours on the phone with them getting nothing. At one point they emailed me saying they would not discusse the matter with me any more and suggested i cancel my order. which i did, basically wasting over two months of my time. So if it comes in a few weeks great this is all over for me. I thought about the best buy but then chances are Newegg would ship it anyways and i just am interested in One unit in good working order from a DJI retailer before this decade is over! lol

Hoping i do not run into issues. Could be worse. Amazon Prime has shipped out ZERO. had a Oct 4th order up till last week. Called and called all they told me was what i could see on my screen. They would not look into why other companies were shipping and they have shipped Zero for over two months. Amazon would not return email and the same with spending hours on the phone with them getting nothing. At one point they emailed me saying they would not discusse the matter with me any more and suggested i cancel my order. which i did, basically wasting over two months of my time. So if it comes in a few weeks great this is all over for me. I thought about the best buy but then chances are Newegg would ship it anyways and i just am interested in One unit in good working order from a DJI retailer before this decade is over! lol

Amazon was a complete fail for everyone. It's like DJI is snubbing them

I have a 12/8 order through Newegg and this was their response 7 days ago:

This is a preorder.
We expect to ship out Mavic orders near 1st January, 2017. It has been advised on our store page.
We will arrange shipment as soon as possible. Your patience is highly appreciated.

I asked again yesterday and they haven't responded yet.

The thing I find odd is the estimated delivery date seems to vary for orders placed between 12/3 and 12/8. For example, 12/3 orders above have the same 1/1 estimated delivery date while other 12/8 orders have a 1/5 estimated delivery date? Does anyone know how that delivery estimate is assigned? Looking at their website now, for all new orders placed, it shows an estimate of 1/13

I do know that a local Buffalo guy received his 12/1 order and 12/2 order about 2 weeks ago...and quickly sold them on craigslist for $1600 each. Good or bad depending on your point of view but it sucks that some people are receiving multiple while others are waiting around for one.

The way I think it works...Newegg sold the mavics in batches...Each batch had its own estimated ship date...As each batch sold out then they moved on to the next batch. So up until about 12/3 orders were supposed to ship on the 1st. After that on the 5th, and now on to the 13th...The orders were shipping faster than that, about 10 days from order to ship...That trend seems to have ended when the orders placed on the second shipped.

Newegg is claiming that the orders will ship around their ship date as a worst case scenario, and in the mean time a bunch of people are switching over to Bestbuy and Apple....

Best of luck to all...May the odds be ever in your favor.

DB

Thanks for the heads up on how the estimate works. So I guess it just boils down to how reliable DJI's original shipping estimates are. With the 12/1 and 12/2 orders shipping on 12/8, I had a false sense of hope that DJI had finally ramped up production to match demand but that's clearly not the case as my 12/8 order is still in Order Verification status. Although that's still better than DJI's estimate of 1/7-1/21 for the order I placed with them on 12/7. I'd prefer to receive the item directly from DJI, but time will tell.

Here is the number to NewEgg account rep for DJI products. You can call this number and speak to someone. I didn't know this until after I called the normal NewEgg customer service number to cancel a Mavic battery order. After after all the prompts was informed the wait time would be approximately 21-27 minutes and I could leave a call back number or wait on the phone for next available rep. I opted to wait on the phone and It then asked me to enter my order number on the touch tone phone. To my surprise, as soon as I entered the order number, I was connected with someone. He explained everything to me and basically sent an email to the account rep from DJI who handles all of their orders ([email protected]). After he sent the email, I asked what was the best way to cancel an order in the future and he said you could either do what i did and go thru NewEgg or call/email them direct with the order number and do it yourself. So he gave me the contact info.....

867-558-6152EXT25083

Just got this from DJI Store

We currently do not have any mavics in stock at the moment. Advertised date for orders placed on 12/3 should be 1/10. We plan to ship this order out 1/3 which will be a few days earlier than the advertised date. We value you as a customer and are happy you chose to purchase from us for your DJI Mavic.

Thanks.

Just got this from DJI Store

We currently do not have any mavics in stock at the moment. Advertised date for orders placed on 12/3 should be 1/10. We plan to ship this order out 1/3 which will be a few days earlier than the advertised date. We value you as a customer and are happy you chose to purchase from us for your DJI Mavic.

Thanks.

That's about as thorough a response anyone has gotten, it sucks that they seem to have stalled @ 12/3 orders.

Another thing about Newegg, if you have an irreconcilable problem and end up disputing the order/charge with your CC, NE will cancel your account and blacklist you from creating a new one for a long long time possible forever. You can sneak back in for a little while until they catch on but they're pretty good it, I'm currently under the radar lol.

[emoji15] my experience with Newegg on getting my bird was amazing. They would have shipped the other combo but I canceled it. Hope you guys who haven't gotten it yet it soon, it is worth it!

Sent from [emoji211]

[emoji15] my experience with Newegg on getting my bird was amazing. They would have shipped the other combo but I canceled it. Hope you guys who haven't gotten it yet it soon, it is worth it!

Sent from [emoji211]
when did you order it and when did you get it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078