DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit Cannot Take Off After .600 Firmware

Hey! Come on!! Let´s focus!

THE KEY IS NO DOUBT ABOUT WHAT @airview2 wondered (and someone decided to suppose) and what @code_ultra_zyl EXPERIENCED!!!

THAT IS WHAT WE NEED TO FIND ANSWERS TO...with a lot of care...
And of course, if any of this land happens...we need to claim to make them fix it...

Thanks @Airwolf and @code_ultra_zyl

Waiting outside in the cold for NFZ to disappear is enough for me to get angry and my brides to fly away...
Can I downgrade without a mac?

Last edited:
Presumably we're only taking about downgrading the aircraft to an earlier firmware, there's no need to downgrade the controller, right?

Waiting outside in the cold for NFZ to disappear is enough for me to get angry and my brides to fly away...
Can I downgrade without a mac?

Yes, with a PC.

Reactions: dlopezjurado
Presumably we're only taking about downgrading the aircraft to an earlier firmware, there's no need to downgrade the controller, right.

Lot's of people have reported problems with mismatched aircraft and RC firmware. RC downgrade takes much less time, less than a minute if you've already done the aircraft.

Reactions: ge0kas
Lot's of people have reported problems with mismatched aircraft and RC firmware. RC downgrade takes much less time, less than a minute if you've already done the aircraft.

Are you saying each firmware update is the same for controller and aircraft?

I didn't know that, I assumed they would be different.
I'll downgrade both then, thanks.

Both RC and aircraft must have the same version. What I don't know is how DJI Go 4 "behave" with a downgraded firmware version. Do you or anybody else knows?

Thanks!

Reactions: willhay555

Yes you have to downgrade both.
Just use DJI Assistant 2 and plug in each one separately and downgrade it to .0400

Rob

Reactions: willhay555
I am attempting to fly in multiple places that I have flown over the past three weeks since acquiring my Mavic. None of which are NFZ's though they do fall in and around Geo green circles. I pushed the .600 update today, and on my first flight the controller indicated NFZ Limit for a few seconds and then went away. I went into the app to check the map for the green circles and none were there. I checked in the settings and I have no GEO option. I then went home to test. I turned the Mavic on in my house (which I've done many times before) and was presented with NFZ Limit and Cannot Take Off. I let the Mavic sit on the table while typing this and mid post it went into GPS mode and no longer displays NFZ Limit. Any ideas? Essentially I'm locked out of flying in a bunch of places that aren't red zones and I have no Geo options in the app.

Since the .0600 update I've been seeing the 'NFZ Limit' message when I first connected the RC to the AC. But so far that message always goes away the moment GPS lock happens on the AC, so it has net been a problem for me at all.

Reactions: Logger
Sigh, back to .400

Same thing - NFZ limit in the absence of a good GPS signal. Didn't try with no satellites, as I don't plan on trying to fly it indoors anyway, but I don't want it doing anything crazy in the case of a poor GPS signal.
.4 is great! I'm "never" going to install a new FW - unless they force me to.

.4 is great! I'm "never" going to install a new FW - unless they force me to.
HAHAHA...."Never say never"....

Hahahaha....

But yes, I understand....almost "never"...I´m 99% with you...

Ah, bugger.

I've just realised I've lost fixed wing mode.

I really liked the look of that :(

You can thank me for that later:p
It's always a bad idea to mess around with stick assignments.
Many RC pilots have been left picking up the pieces of a wreck after making that choice.

Rob

Both RC and aircraft must have the same version. What I don't know is how DJI Go 4 "behave" with a downgraded firmware version. Do you or anybody else knows?

Thanks!

New versions of DJI Go 4 may not work with older firmware. I remember upgrading the DJI Go 4 app without upgrading the firmware on the Mavic/controller previously, and the C1, C2 and 5 way button stopped working in the controller. Everything could only be done in the DJI Go 4 app. The DJI Go 4 app actually controls some of the buttons in the RC controller, so I would be wary of flying the Mavic with a new version of the DJI Go 4 app without upgrading the firmware.

BTW, the correct version of the DJI Go 4 app for Android for .400 firmware is DJI Go 4 version 4.0.3..

Reactions: Mr Spock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer