DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nicaragua. Drones allowed?

hey im from nicaragua and i live in ct! if u guys want to take a drone to nicaragua just pack the drone on a backpack mix with chargers cables camera small speakers, i bring my mavic and spark all the time.. the mavic is easy to get by.. i had it at the bottom of my back pack.. when my backpack was going on the xray i ask the lady if i can grab the luggage that was coming out just to get her eyes off the monitor for a few seconds haha.. works all the time

hey im from nicaragua and i live in ct! if u guys want to take a drone to nicaragua just pack the drone on a backpack mix with chargers cables camera small speakers, i bring my mavic and spark all the time.. the mavic is easy to get by.. i had it at the bottom of my back pack.. when my backpack was going on the xray i ask the lady if i can grab the luggage that was coming out just to get her eyes off the monitor for a few seconds haha.. works all the time

I did try that but they still got me, so you’ve done well.

Guys,

We went to Costa Rica and Nicaragua in February 2017, no problems at all with the Mavic thru Nicaragua customs. No one ever checked the little back pack where the Mavic was in. When we were on the streets I kept asking if it was kosher to fly the drone, the response was "YES" without hesitation. I flew the Mavic every where we went (Lakes, Volcanoes, etc). Even leaving the country at customs in Nicaragua not an issue with the Mav. So I do not know what to make out of this

Did you crossed the border by foot?

What if i'm landing in Nica by air and cross to Guatemala by foot? how can i get my drone back?

Small update: we landed into Nicaragua last night and has my Spark confiscated.

Two problems: firstly we fly back to the the Uk out of Costa Rica so can't collect on departure at the Managua airport where is it currently held and secondly won't be able to use it all all for the rest of our trip in Central America.

Currently unsure of a solution.

Did you crossed the border by foot?

We crossed from Costa Rica to Nicaragua thru Peñas Blancas in a mini van. At the border, before entering Nicaragua, we were asked to get out of the van, which we did. The whole time I had the Mavic in the little back pack I bought at Walmart. They inspected the vehicle and checked all of the passports but no one ever asked me to open the back pack I had in my shoulders.

Small update: we landed into Nicaragua last night and has my Spark confiscated.

Two problems: firstly we fly back to the the Uk out of Costa Rica so can't collect on departure at the Managua airport where is it currently held and secondly won't be able to use it all all for the rest of our trip in Central America.

Currently unsure of a solution.

Were you able to recover your Spark?.

Hi there,
I’ll fly to Managua airport next week with my Mavic Pro.
I’ve read that it’s not easy to get through the custom.
Could someone tells me if there is any physical control or security door to pass through or only the bags are checked ?

when we went to Nicaragua last year. I brought the Mavic in a back pack that I bought at Walmart. It is so small no one noticed it when it went thru the X-Ray. I had a camera, batteries, a car charger etc.
No problems getting in the country or leaving..

Attachments

• File Feb 23, 6 08 35 PM.jpeg
    File Feb 23, 6 08 35 PM.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • File Feb 23, 6 08 48 PM.jpeg
    File Feb 23, 6 08 48 PM.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: tcedeno89
I'm going to be traveling from Panama to Mexico, passing through Nicaragua. From what I've read, drone's are confiscated on entry to the country, problem is we will be entering from one side and leaving from the other (unlike flying in/out of the airport).

What do you guys suggest I do? Any experiences?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin