DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No idea where to put this , so I'll drop it here .

I have never ever understood the mentality behind designs like that where the pilot sits on top of the force that is keeping him up. It is inherently unstable and awkward. It would take very little to put the thrust overhead with skinny struts that kept it off the ground when landed, and the propellers could be angled slightly outward (which would be an additional source of stability, by the way) to keep the prop wash off the pilot. It makes no sense to me to do it like this video and others show. What am I missing?

Reactions: badcooky
I have never ever understood the mentality behind designs like that where the pilot sits on top of the force that is keeping him up. It is inherently unstable and awkward. It would take very little to put the thrust overhead with skinny struts that kept it off the ground when landed, and the propellers could be angled slightly outward (which would be an additional source of stability, by the way) to keep the prop wash off the pilot. It makes no sense to me to do it like this video and others show. What am I missing?
I hear you bra . What you say makes sense to me .
I posted up because to me this is very wow in a real sense .
I was looking at DIY larger drone builds , to look at engineering trends and yea the pilot above the roll/centre of mass and all as it moves the centre of gravity moves exponentially and so much more correction is needed , I'd say.
Yup hang them from underneath and they'll go higher too without roll over fear. Underneath over water you could build in a bail out mechanism if it all goes pear shaped.
Cheers man .

Reactions: AZDave
Check out the guy flying past in a hammock in the intro !
No idea if it's a deep fake though .

The young man in the first video is clearly of high intelligence. There are some things I wonder about, however.
Says he's in college.....he never specified what he was/is studying, but if it is engineering, he need to request a refund!
Also, having been a college student, where/how does a college student afford the massive expense to finance all his "projects"? He also clearly takes pride in sensationalizing his proceedures, but I guess in this day and age of social media, that is a requirement to make sure you can draw in all those clicks? I have a feeling we may be seeing a video, sooner or later, memorializing this young fella.

The young man in the first video is clearly of high intelligence. There are some things I wonder about, however.
Says he's in college.....he never specified what he was/is studying, but if it is engineering, he need to request a refund!
Also, having been a college student, where/how does a college student afford the massive expense to finance all his "projects"? He also clearly takes pride in sensationalizing his proceedures, but I guess in this day and age of social media, that is a requirement to make sure you can draw in all those clicks? I have a feeling we may be seeing a video, sooner or later, memorializing this young fella.
Check out his face dude he's had some surgery to straighten a broken nose , rhinoplasty and he's had his ears pinned back I think that's called otoplasty . he's got decent dental too so yea mummy is paying the bills man . He's a poor little rich boy.
Cheers .

Not sure why the bashing. I give the kid props! He has guts and initiative and great drive and curiosity. I don't care what he looks like, whether he went to college on not (apparently he did) or what his major was. He used the scientific method involving trial and error and came up with something that worked. I would imagine he'll continue to refine and improve it and who knows, one day he may develop the next best thing.

Reactions: badcooky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman