DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No more Art color profile?

Just saw on a thread over at the DJI fora, that DJI Natalia says there was an error during the last firmware update and the profile should not have been removed. The whole "Film-A, B, C..." thing shouldn't be there either.

Reactions: dragna and Frits
I suppose it will be back at the next update

If you downloaded Litchi app then you can select Art profile and go back to DJI Go 4 and it will be set in there. Just don't pick another profile or you will have to keep setting it in Litchi.

Yeop it does work good! Always had litchi and it does have this walk around answer to the go app and many others due to the SDK. I use litchi to reset many options in Go. But like @ohhenryca said, once you set them in litchi, do not change your settings in Go.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeinbox
Ok I'm wondering what's up because I have DJI go 4, and DJI go 3.0.1 and both still have art under color right where it's been??? So how did you all lose it?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Ok I'm wondering what's up because I have DJI go 4, and DJI go 3.0.1 and both still have art under color right where it's been??? So how did you all lose it?

Have you updated your FW recently? Or have you stayed on the FW you received with your Mavic?
Version 01.02.0900 is before the changes.
Version 01.03.0000 is after change along with Go 4.0.
Version 01.03.0200 is the most current and Litchi does in fact make changes to the current Go.
If you have not had a problem so far, just stick with what you feel works with no issues. Remember, you do not have to upgrade FW. It's your choice always.

I don't upgrade unless there's a reason to, my Mavic is running good so nothing is changed, I've had people arguing with me saying it fixes issues but I'm old school and have been flying for years, and others who have done the same will tell you half the time upgrades create more issues then not!

It was removed two firmware updates ago - doesn't seem to depend on which app.
These early updates have had some important fixes which have more or les stopped some early issues like suddenly not responding to sticks or worse spiralling out of control.

I don't upgrade unless there's a reason to, my Mavic is running good so nothing is changed, I've had people arguing with me saying it fixes issues but I'm old school and have been flying for years, and others who have done the same will tell you half the time upgrades create more issues then not!

This works if it is not critical update :)

Reactions: chazzm
This works if it is not critical update :)

You see that's exactly my point, if everything is running ok, and unless there's some new aspect of an update you need or want that cannot be gotten from another app why take a chance on causing another unforeseen problem? I have seen people literally "brick" their quad or remote by jumping the gun on updating before, and lets face facts I like DJI don't get me wrong, but they have rolled out updates on the fly and then realize one correction created a huge problem elsewhere and this happened because one app for several quads can get out of hand , that's one reason for DJI go 4,,,, I've been flying for to many years to mess up something that works especially with DJI, and let me repeat that I really do like DJI! I know it may not sound like it LoL but I do, they have made great strides especially with the Mavic! I'm throughly impressed that the remote design craft design, everything from drawing board to final product is as beautifully thought out the way it was!!!

Last edited:
Here is a quick screen grab.
Again, shot in low-light (maybe that is why?). Very dramatic this time, but also pretty low light...
Looks more like a round vignette here - was more on the extreme left & right sides in other images. Again, caused by low light??
Filmed in D-Cinematic -1,-1,-1 quickly graded.
When filmed in none - none as well as a still image: pretty much the same.

original.jpg

Ive had the same issue when flying at the beach. I had a POLA PRO ND16CP on. I dont know if that was the issue? Have you found out why this was happening to you? Id appreciate the feedback when you get a chance...

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 8.42.54 pm copy.jpg Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 8.43.39 pm copy.jpg

you can use art by going to the original dji go app, selecting art, then exiting the app completely and connect with your mavic through the dji go 4 app. you will now be in art mode, but the profile will say NONE. it's actually in art and will stay that way until you change it. so now i'm back to art -1 0 0

you can use art by going to the original dji go app, selecting art, then exiting the app completely and connect with your mavic through the dji go 4 app. you will now be in art mode, but the profile will say NONE. it's actually in art and will stay that way until you change it. so now i'm back to art -1 0 0

where can I get the orig dji go app ?

You can download DJI GO from the app store on your mobile device.

I have the DJI go 4 for the Mavic can I use the DJI Go for the phantom 3, with the mavic ? and then will it let me try the Art option ?

Than you for your help once again msinger

I have the DJI go 4 for the Mavic can I use the DJI Go for the phantom 3, with the mavic ? and then will it let me try the Art option ?

Than you for your help once again msinger
Support for the original go app will stop in February so I would recommend flying with 4 and just using the other app to get the art profile.

the DJI Go app only mentions Phantom not the Mavic, can I still use it for the Mavi ?

Savededa, what other app are you talking about ?

I do have the DJI Go 4 also.

I think this was added back in with the Jan 4 release of Go 3.1.2. When I started this thread I was still using the Go(3) app so I know it was gone from there at some point. Hopefully this means that it might someday come to the Go4 app as well.

Where did you hear that Go4 will stop functioning with the Mavic in February? It doesn't surprise me, as they won't have to keep the two apps in sync that way, but I hadn't heard of any definitive timeline.

I think this was added back in with the Jan 4 release of Go 3.1.2. When I started this thread I was still using the Go(3) app so I know it was gone from there at some point. Hopefully this means that it might someday come to the Go4 app as well.

Where did you hear that Go4 will stop functioning with the Mavic in February? It doesn't surprise me, as they won't have to keep the two apps in sync that way, but I hadn't heard of any definitive timeline.

The original go app will "no longer support" the mavic as of February as per the app pop up I received when I opened it. I still have the app because I also have a p3s.

Curious is you're using the Android or iOS app. The only pop-up I get on the iOS app is about new Inspire prop mounting plates being available (and I don't even own an Inspire).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike