DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now Flight Distance and Alt. Limited to 50 and 30 meters

woodsglen

Reactions
Haven't flown in a couple of weeks. just took it outside and I get an error message that flight distance and altitude are limited to 50 and 30 meters. try again after shutting down.. Well, that didn't work? WTH is going on?.... Using Ipad and never use wifi with dji app running. Thanks WG

No, I checked that. Also, had a notice to update my airport database... ( wifi required ). I ignored it.

Is that the problem?... I've been careful not to keep my wifi off and not have DJI Demand I upgrade my firmware. I only fly locally out in the country, but just not a fan of being monitored. Had no idea a quad copter would be such a hassle with company "interference". I'd go back to RC aircraft but too many trees! :)

Reactions: fiftiesnut
Hi, thanks for the link. I have a total of 54 min flight time so I'm no mavic expert. ( or expert at anything that is not Old School RC. I'll watch the video and see if I missed something. I logged out and logged back in, but the same annoying message came up. Did I miss something?

WG

I had this as well last week for no apparent reason, did one flight no problem, came in pulled battery, inserted another and up it popped! Could not go further than 50m, now I also had the phone in Flight Mode the whole time, so WTF???!!! HOW is it all of a sudden sensing this with no data connection out of the blue, luckily I was not on a shoot somewhere remote with no coverage, updated the NFZ list and all ok again - pathetic Dji... really piss-poor programming here.

i am loosing my patience with this thing.... Reinstalled GO4 app ( ipad ) logged in... Updated NFZ data, Still limited.
Turned everything off and back on and still, Flight restricted to 50/30. CRAP... I can go buy a toy and not have to put up with this BS.
Any suggestions?

Reactions: krobert291
OK.. had to charge up controller. I logged off., logged back on.. went out. same nonsense.

So I said, lets see. unplugged ipad, plugged back in. annoying warning comes back.

So, to see if this is "Stop or I'll say Stop again", I took it straight up. way past 30 meters.
Went till I hit "Max Altitude Reached" ( 116 meters ). Looked up, Yup. It was a mere speck. Something I'm not used to really, used to fly my RC a lot lower, If not right off the deck.

Then I got my first low battery warning ( I had just grabbed a batt out of my bag ) so I proceeded to bring it straight down in a hurry.
To the best of my knowledge it might be solved, the warning did not come back after I clicked the "X" to get rid of it, even though it came back on after unplugging and re-plugging the ipad.

Thanks for the replies. I'll know more tomorrow if it's not raining. getting too dark to fly safely right now. I'll check back if the issue keeps up.
WG

Mine did the same. On 700 fw. It gave me the notice every time I changed batteries. I hit the x and flew. No restrictions, just the announcement.
Don't know where it came from but went through 5 batteries and said it every time.
I deleted and reinstalled app. and will try again next time I get a chance.

Reactions: dancedance
According to a DJI Rep on their forum it is an issue with DJI Go 4.1.7 and older firmwares, something about the RC not receiving a proper indication that the DJI Go log in process is correct. Solution is to upgrade everything... The reason we are able to fly past the limitations is because of the older firmwares. I tried downgrading DJI Go to 4.1.0 and will test as soon as the rain goes away.
Someone also posted about logging out of DJI Go while connected to AC and RC (both on) and then logging in again. Did not try that.

My Mavic did this yesterday was restricting my flight to those parameters before I entered the equipment it gave me a more serious looking warning to update I'm on 800 and 4.1.7 I ignored so I landed it cause it wouldn't go anywhere simply out my iPhone 7 plus on airplane mode popped out the battery put in a new powered her up no restrictions this time....... Might have to fly in only AIRPLANE MODE NOW UNLESS I UPDATE IT ? I'll try logging in and out tho well see

Well, it is possible to downgrade DJI Go, but it involves several steps and hoops... do a search on YouTube for digdat0 channel and the rollback video . I downgraded but did not test if the message is gone. I'm on 4.1.0 now.

Reactions: Rbruz and wayy510
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54