DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now Flight Distance and Alt. Limited to 50 and 30 meters

The new update limits to these distances when flying on wifi.

It's normal when flying on RC

Not possible to roll back IOS ... Typical apple store!

Search YouTube for a user named "DIGDAT0" with a zero at the end.

He explains 99% of what you're asking.

The app CAN be rolled back, but it has some steps to it.

As for rolling the bird back, that same user can walk you through it all.

Good Luck!

You had the power to roll back your Firmware
this whole time.
Power it up, click your heels together and say Fly, Fly Drones!

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
is there any need to rollback firmware, ( or load a "best firmware version" ) I have not loaded firmware since dji go 2.08. Not sure if this should be a new thread, but will search around in the mean-time. Thanks

Mine came with de 0.400 firmware and I don't have real issues with it and where I live and can't easily send the Mavic to dji for repair if it is bricked. As for dji go app the first version I used was the 4.1.0, no real issues also. Some people prefer de 0.700 firmware due to better compatibility with gogggles and some changes to intelligent flight modes. If you are not having problems with the craft that is traced to a firmware issue I personally don't update or rollback. I just rollback the dji go app because of the error message

My spark did this to me yesterday and it wasn't even September yet, so don't think it was the firmware issue. Ended up using another phone with older dji go4 app installed to fly it. App gave no indication it was flight limited so no idea what that was all about.

Digdat0 has a bunch of useful vids.
I believe .400 is the best firmware.
I used the mod for more speed in sport mode.
Left everything else stock

I just used my mavic for the first time it's very stable but got this same warning, I was still able to fly way past 50m I guess it was just a warning because it never restricted me to 50m. I am on .700 FW. I did also get a magnetic field warning and it also went into atti mode, it drifted but i was still able to control it. I actually got really scared but it ended well the footage and pictures for the first time impressed the hell out of me.

I've had the same. It seems to be just a false warning and I've flown way past the limits.
My iPad is on the last iOS update and it's fine. The error is on my iPhone which is the latest update.
I've been on to dji about it and they suggest I update my iPad to the latest and see if it has the error message then.
I politely refused.
There's a thread about this on the dji forums too.

I rolled back to 4.0.8 PERFECT... just alerts me to update NFZ... ( ignore )
Now no notices of Flight restrictions. Must have been some bug that went through the system since a lot of people chimed in on this.
Look back through the posts if you want to get away from logging in and annoyances, Program is called "charles". load with a specific version of itunes ( which I have avoided even running itunes on my system.. but you can kill notices etc.

digidat0 (zero) on youtube. my serches came up with nothing till i searched "digitad0 rollback djigo". He flies through his demo so I downloaded it mp41080P.
You have to pay attention to the versions of itunes and don't use v4 of charles

i bookmarked the googledocs for the ios app versions numbers. Clear settings in charles and re-click them.. don't use windows proxy.. use ssl proxy
log out of itunes and selest your app then log back in to download.. thats what kicks charles in. I had to do it several times ( maybe I'm just slow)

Here..should look like this:

Good luck. I'm really not a computer guru.. at least not any more.
take care WG
charles proxy.JPG

Haven't flown in a couple of weeks. just took it outside and I get an error message that flight distance and altitude are limited to 50 and 30 meters. try again after shutting down.. Well, that didn't work? WTH is going on?.... Using Ipad and never use wifi with dji app running. Thanks WG

Haven't flown in a couple of weeks. just took it outside and I get an error message that flight distance and altitude are limited to 50 and 30 meters. try again after shutting down.. Well, that didn't work? WTH is going on?.... Using Ipad and never use wifi with dji app running. Thanks WG

Only time this happened to me was when I upgraded firmware and forgot to repeat it with my 2nd battery. On this battery, I got the same restriction. Upgraded it and restrictions disappeared. Currently on .1000 FW and everything is working just fine. Just flew it out to 3.2klm and back, using various modes. No problems. I never update the NFZ prompts. I also fly in airplane mode with an iPad mini 4.

Good point. Iirc, I update all of my batteries back when I upgraded back in may or June.
Thanks for the input...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky