DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

We already have one positive feedback about this app. Now waiting for yours. Haven't touch MP for three weeks due to k1 crash issue/work
I will try to get out today, I am an in Wyoming so there is a 30% chance of anything, yesterday snow and 25 kt winds, today who knows. I will post today, tonight or tomorrow morning.
Regards,
-d.

Did some flying yesterday for the first time with the Shield. Was very cautious seeing that I'm a newbie drone pilot.
went out about a mile then I noticed the HD icon begin to flicker and it never stopped. I immediately hit the return to home icon....a bit windy today, will try another flight later today after I do some research about this HD issue.

Did some flying yesterday for the first time with the Shield. Was very cautious seeing that I'm a newbie drone pilot.
went out about a mile then I noticed the HD icon begin to flicker and it never stopped. I immediately hit the return to home icon....a bit windy today, will try another flight later today after I do some research about this HD issue.
HD is video feed indicator for the downlink from the drone to the RC, at a mile out you may have traveled over an area with a lot of interference, did the video feed suffer?
Regards,
-d.

How did RTH function, and you are on a K1 with Nougat correct?
Regards,
D

How did RTH function, and you are on a K1 with Nougat correct?
Regards,
D

O no no Nougat! not gonna touch that one not just yet. Using invidia Shield K1 with the same version that it come with Android 6.0.1.No problems with RTH, I was just concerned about that HD icon. I lost site of everything else. lol

Last edited:
O no no Nougat! not gonna touch that one not just yet. Using same version that it come with Android 6.0.1.No problems with RTH, I was just concerned about that HD icon. I lost site of everything else lol
Smart man, yes the HD icon is a quality of feed for your video, in the mile you flew you could have traveled over many things to disrupt your video (eg. Cell tower, power station, thick pine forest, mineral deposit or someone on a cordless phone (2.4 ghz).) Something to investigate but not a crisis make sure that you put your tablet in airplane mode ( or at least turn off WiFi and Bluetooth.) Other than that how was flight, do you have a anti glare screen protector? Helps a lot.
Regards,
-d.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMotor
Smart man, yes the HD icon is a quality of feed for your video, in the mile you flew you could have traveled over many things to disrupt your video (eg. Cell tower, power station, thick pine forest, mineral deposit or someone on a cordless phone (2.4 ghz).) Something to investigate but not a crisis make sure that you put your tablet in airplane mode) or at least turn off WiFi and Bluetooth.) Other than that how was flight, do you have a anti glare screen protector? Helps a lot.
Regards,
-d.

Thanks for your input...I do not have any filters but found out that I certainly need to purchase some. Funny you should ask because I been on You Tube looking at different videos about the use of these filters with the Mavic Pro and examples of how they work. Any suggestions?

Just noticed that you were referring to the anti glare screen protectors for the Nvidia Shield....
Gonna get some now!

Last edited:
Looking on Amazon at the 2x and the 3x I'm thinking maybe I should get both. I imagine after removing one or the other protector that they are not reusable...your thoughts or what are you using?

Looking on Amazon at the 2x and the 3x I'm thinking maybe I should get both. I imagine after removing one or the other protector that they are not reusable...your thoughts or what are you using?
The filters were not from my post, I posted about the matter anti glare screen protectors, you can get a three pack at Amazon for 12 bucks.
Regards,
-d.

The filters were not from my post, I posted about the matter anti glare screen protectors, you can get a three pack at Amazon for 12 bucks.
Regards,
-d.

I know, I read so many post..sometime I get confused or for lack of a better word over excited.
Be Blessed

I know, I read so many post..sometime I get confused or for lack of a better word over excited.
Be Blessed
Believe me I know, you start following one thread and it becomes many. Very hard to keep track.
Regards,
-d.

We already have one positive feedback about this app. Now waiting for yours. Haven't touch MP for three weeks due to k1 crash issue/work
My deepest regrets gentlemen, however I still had one brown out and one crash during a brief nine minute flight, I only lost video and telemetry feed for a few seconds, Mavic hovering rock solid in a 15 kt wind and controllable until the app came back up. I will tell you, that thing is a flying brick but solid!
Regards,
D.

Reactions: newsguy
My deepest regrets gentlemen, however I still had one brown out and one crash during a brief nine minute flight, I only lost video and telemetry feed for a few seconds, Mavic hovering rock solid in a 15 kt wind and controllable until the app came back up. I will tell you, that thing is a flying brick but solid!
Regards,
D.
We all wish we didn't upgrade to 7.0

Reactions: Bunny Too
So I have one showing up tomorrow. If it's on 6 - I leave it on 6 - right?

Thank you to this forum! I got the shield and didn't upgrade and it runs like a champ! The only downside with the shield is in landscape mode, my polarized glasses doesn't allow me to see the screen. But still a great tablet!

I ran it today (with Nougat) 500m in all directions and it did not crash, I used greenify to hibernate all other apps and put it on airplane mode. I disable optimization of the GO4 app and ran the processor and battery in performance mode. Worked for me for one battery and one flight but it is a start. I also run it in developer mode and USB debugging.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: BigMotor
Thank you to this forum! I got the shield and didn't upgrade and it runs like a champ! The only downside with the shield is in landscape mode, my polarized glasses doesn't allow me to see the screen. But still a great tablet!
Yeah, I have given up on polarized glasses for everything except driving and target shooting, there is so much tech in the world now that you can not see when wearing them.
Regards,
-d.

I just got mine today and its version 6.0.1. I stay on this version? Its telling me to update k1 software to 5.1?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78