DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

Just back from Spain and out of 3hrs recording the Byblos Hotel DJIGO4 crashed 10 times on the Nvidia K1!! even with local Video cache disabled. Not had time to play about with it any further and the K1 is also running the latest updates!

Just back from Spain and out of 3hrs recording the Byblos Hotel DJIGO4 crashed 10 times on the Nvidia K1!! even with local Video cache disabled. Not had time to play about with it any further and the K1 is also running the latest updates!
USB debugging enabled?

Give me an idea of how many would want a pair of S Clips and what you would Pay. From that I'll look into getting a Vendor Sub. and selling them but I'm not in it to lose money. I made my set from GOBO's .STL file and they fit perfectly, well since I had a Mr. shields glass protector on it I needed to sand a little.
Denny C.

USB debugging enabled?
Not yet m8 but will check that ASAP. The K1 Screen brightness is Pants but my intention was to use Goggles as the Sun is so bright in Spain and I also have a Samsung Tab S 8.4 with super bright screen if not flying with Goggles (Wish it had HDMI out!), or I can use the Note 5

I never had problems with Shield. And for a largue number of persons this is the best android device you can have for dji drones

Be aware if the problems you may have does not have to do with some configuration you may have.
Try a reset to defaults an begin with a unique instalation of DJI software.

Also, Your shield may be faulty

I'm sure it's not the Shield being faulty! You only have to look at all the other People with the same problem on the K1 and loads of other Devices! Also everything else works fine! Imagine explaining to NVidia there is a problem with the K1 just because DJI GO4 Crashes it!!

I'm sure it's not the Shield being faulty! You only have to look at all the other People with the same problem on the K1 and loads of other Devices! Also everything else works fine! Imagine explaining to NVidia there is a problem with the K1 just because DJI GO4 Crashes it!!
I agree. But it just gets frustrating wondering if THIS flight, the app is gonna crash. Seeing how there seems to be a majority here on this forum using the Ipad mini without any issues, I am a convert from Android to IOS (only for flying my MP). Everything else will remain Windows and Android.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

I hate Apple devices with a vengeance! But has anybody tried one of these? and would the DJI Go App/IPad allow screen mirroring?

Has anybody tested one of these?

lrgscaleMD826ZM-0.jpg

Last edited:
I never had problems with Shield. And for a largue number of persons this is the best android device you can have for dji drones

Be aware if the problems you may have does not have to do with some configuration you may have.
Try a reset to defaults an begin with a unique instalation of DJI software.

Also, Your shield may be faulty
So in your experiences, K1 is not drawing battery power from Mavic RC by using USB cable connecting to the bottom port of RC?

I hate Apple devices with a vengeance! But has anybody tried one of these? and would the DJI Go App/IPad allow screen mirroring?

Has anybody tested one of these?

lrgscaleMD826ZM-0.jpg
I have not tested this device personally, but from people who has tested it, it just does not work. This is the only reason I changed from iPhone to K1.

Do you have to pay a monthly fee to say ATT or Verizon if you're only use of the Nvidia is to fly your drone?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Yes or No.
I use my iPhone to provide hotspot, so I pay fee for iPhone.
But no, I did not pay for wifi for K1
You only pay for your internet connection once.

In some case, say you're not required to clear fly warning zone, you can cache map at home , then bring K1 to field, activate airplane mode and pay no fee for K1 uses.

Last edited:
I have not tested this device personally, but from people who has tested it, it just does not work. This is the only reason I changed from iPhone to K1.
Cool, that save me a bundle of time searching my Son's Room for the Adapter. Would have tested it on the one of the Three IPhone 6's in the House. NOT MINE BTW!!! Belongs to the other heathens I live with namely the wife and Kids LOL

Cool, that save me a bundle of time searching my Son's Room for the Adapter. Would have tested it on the one of the Three IPhone 6's in the House. NOT MINE BTW!!! Belongs to the other heathens I live with namely the wife and Kids LOL
The problem for using iOS devices and Mavic RC, at current time, is that there is no way such combination can provide HDMI output for goggle. You have to wait DJI to come out with something, such as HDMI converter module, DJI goggle .......

Been using the K1 since the get go with no problems, get the Nougat 7 update, all seemed ok, but Go4 crashed toward the end of a flight, was not far and within sight, so brought it home and landed, rebooted and seemed ok again, lost a little confidence in it so went over to my S7 for the first time which also has Nougat, no issues whatsoever on 2 x 20min+ flights.
Found that mounting the K1 above the controller is not an issue, all the telemetry is mirrored on the tablet screen anyway, and it keeps the whole thing better balanced in the hand.
Made up my own mount to suit what felt right for me, and although it's not pretty, it works very well!
Sunshade made from 1mm Kydex and self-adhesive black felt, neck strap holds it in the perfect position.
Loving the Mavic!

Attachments

• 20170223_150729.jpg
    20170223_150729.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 20170223_150532.jpg
    20170223_150532.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 20170223_145101.jpg
    20170223_145101.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: Scoobydude
Been using the K1 since the get go with no problems, get the Nougat 7 update, all seemed ok, but Go4 crashed toward the end of a flight, was not far and within sight, so brought it home and landed, rebooted and seemed ok again, lost a little confidence in it so went over to my S7 for the first time which also has Nougat, no issues whatsoever on 2 x 20min+ flights.
Found that mounting the K1 above the controller is not an issue, all the telemetry is mirrored on the tablet screen anyway, and it keeps the whole thing better balanced in the hand.
Made up my own mount to suit what felt right for me, and although it's not pretty, it works very well!
Sunshade made from 1mm Kydex and self-adhesive black felt, neck strap holds it in the perfect position.
Loving the Mavic!
Had similar situation today & yesterday, K1 crashed once during flight. Reopened GO4 without issue. Like your DIY sunshade.

Reactions: Rangerdave
Yep went out today and flew the mavic, nvidia shield had been super stable with no app crashes before update to 7 , now app GO4 app crashes mid flight, fired up litchi and has been stable on that. Will need to downgrade to lower firmware for nvidia at some point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR