DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

Yes indeed. Used the app on 6.1 and yesterday the Shield told me an update could be downloaded and installed. I took the plunge and went for it. After that tested the app and connected to RC and drone, checked all settings, menus and started motors (in house). Did not yet made a flight, will do on Sunday. I must say that Nvidia is fast with it's updates.

Please do a full flight. My nexus 6P on Android 7.1 appears to work until you actually fly it. After around 15 minutes the video freezes. I just bought a Shield K1 which will arrive next week, so curious about this. My 9th friggin tablet, just so I can get hdmi out.

Please do a full flight. My nexus 6P on Android 7.1 appears to work until you actually fly it. After around 15 minutes the video freezes. I just bought a Shield K1 which will arrive next week, so curious about this. My 9th friggin tablet, just so I can get hdmi out.
You'll be fine with the NVIDIA Shield; I have used mine with Cinemizer Goggles and no issues. I've brought this up on another thread and some "knucklehead" debated it about it, but the DJI GO app is resource intensive, thus the cheaper tablets just don't handle running it well.

I flew today, with my Shield K1 on Nougat (Android 7.0) and DJI GO4 v4.02 (updated yesterday, after Nougat).
No problem at all. No drop of connexion, no freeze, no crash (of the app). I flew a complete battery.
The only thing I noticed was that —again— my settings on the C1 and C2 buttons didn't hold.

So, very happy I am, still, for the moment...

Reactions: Bunny Too
No sir.

Although I would be happy to provide a set if you need some. Admin discount of course. :)
BDOG, do u have Paypal? How much for a pair of clips?
I used the same principle of that design but did my own as I had removed some of the rubber from the controller grips to fit a different tablet but I'm so happy with the result, snug fit but not to tight..

sent from my Galaxy Note4

BDOG, do u have Paypal? How much for a pair of clips?

As I am not a Registered Vendor of the site I have been asked to cease and desist.

The cost of the advertisement would mean printing 3 D parts for members would be a "break even" proposition at best.

I did update to nougat wish I hadn't , go 4 stops after about 8 mins so every battery I have to restart go 4 twice , should have stuck with marshmallow no problem with that .

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

Yep, I noticed the same thing indeed.
App crashes often.
I didn't try DJI GO to see if it has the same behavior, I'll try next time (along with Litchi, eventually).

To be noted, a setting under Nougat that's new to app and might help (not tested in flight yet):
Under SETTINGS (the ones of the tablet) go to APPLICATIONS, then clic on any flight app you may have (DJI GO, DJI GO4, AUTOPILOT... but not Litchi wich doesn't have this specific setting) and under SUPERPOSE TO OTHER APPLICATION (sorry, I'm French so I"m not sure about the exact label of this setting in English) clic NO.
It's supposed to limit (or stop?) any interference that could apply to those apps that don't really live very well each besides the other.

This is the English version.

Settings - Apps - DJI Go 4 - Draw over other apps

I finally got tired of the app crashes. I recorded about 10 minutes of a flight yesterday on the Shield only to find out later that it was nowhere to be found on the tablet. It WAS of course on the Mavic. I still have til March 6, to return it to Amazon. Thats what I will do. I will get an Ipad Mini4.

Using an Ipad mini4 will i still be able to record as MP4? I know the Ipad will want to record as MOV

Using an Ipad mini4 will i still be able to record as MP4? I know the Ipad will want to record as MOV
You can record in either format in either device. That setting can be found here:

DJI-GO-Video-Format.jpg

[QUOTE="mikeL, post: 7819, member: 1050"I need something with hdmi output to mirror the camera feed to an external monitor for survey work.
Any other options or suggestions?
[/QUOTE]
I guess you've got the Shield tablet by now. I've been using the Shield since the P3 and won't leave home without it.
One thing I found is that the setting for screen brightness has a very large effect on the battery charge. On sunny Florida days when I've turned up the brightness after a couple of batteries on the Mavic, battery level on the Shield is way down. So depending on how many flights you want to do with the Shield before having to recharge it you can use the brightness control to extend battery life.

I did the controller modification to allow the arms to swing open further allowing the Shield to be used. it was very easy to do with a Dremmel. You don't need to trim off the entire piece blocking it, only cut a groove. I do like that I don't need to carry extra parts just for the Shield. However, it would be nice not to have to cut into the controller. The modification can't really be seen unless you are looking.

Attachments

• 20170220_120823.jpg
    20170220_120823.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20170220_120921.jpg
    20170220_120921.jpg
    982.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 20170220_120927.jpg
    20170220_120927.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 20170220_121010.jpg
    20170220_121010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • 20170220_121039.jpg
    20170220_121039.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 103
  • 20170220_121102.jpg
    20170220_121102.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 101
Reactions: Bunny Too and SYC12
I hate modifying expensive hardware. I added this part to a cheap $5 cover for my Shield K1.
377b36db7dff1d7a45566c53b047898c_preview_featured.jpg

Reactions: Bunny Too and SYC12
I really hate that I still dont have full confidence in the Shield for use with my rc. I took about 10 min of video the other day and made sure it was recording while flying. Later when i went to view it, it was nowhere to be found.

I really hate that I still dont have full confidence in the Shield for use with my rc. I took about 10 min of video the other day and made sure it was recording while flying. Later when i went to view it, it was nowhere to be found.

Video is stored on the SD card. You can also start recording with the controller. If it's recording you see the counter increase with every second. I doubt this was caused by the Shield.

Video is stored on the SD card. You can also start recording with the controller. If it's recording you see the counter increase with every second. I doubt this was caused by the Shield.
It did record on the sd card in the Mavic but no recording on the shield.

I did the controller modification to allow the arms to swing open further allowing the Shield to be used. it was very easy to do with a Dremmel. You don't need to trim off the entire piece blocking it, only cut a groove. I do like that I don't need to carry extra parts just for the Shield. However, it would be nice not to have to cut into the controller. The modification can't really be seen unless you are looking.
How secure does that hold the Shield?
Regards,
-d.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan